Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [WS] Import lyrics from websites
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Development > Web Sources Scripts
Pages: 1, 2, 3
victor
There is any way of search lyrics in mass?

something like get a array of selected song names and artists and do a loop of searches.

I wrote a script to import lyrics from some sites, works fine.
but some things is just don't clear to me, because I edited others scripts.

I'm a programmer, but I don't really get the whole idea of this scripting language, is not procedural, doesn't seems like goto, nether any other that I know. I'm not sure if the statements are actually like writting to a buffer or just discarding text.

what is that for?

[ParserScriptAlbum]=...
[ParserScriptIndex]=...

outputto "coverurl" this I understands, I guess...

theres any way of do a search, get the lyrics, and then search other url and get the cover and output both lyrics and cover in a single script run?

I know it's a lot of questions, I not found any useful reference on this forum and now Im feeling very dumb, if can anyone clarify some of these questions, I appreciate.
NYCity
Hey Is it possible to make a script for rapgenius.com?
If so, is someone who is able to do that, interested?
tbum20
Here's a script for rapgenius.com.

The script extracts only lyrics from the Rap Genius active "lyrical definining" engine. There will be no explinations to the lyrics. I believe this is what your looking for as rap genius isen't really a lyrical database. They define it at as,

"Rap Genius is your guide to the meaning of rap lyrics (basically the internet version of the nerd-ass “rap dictionary” dorm-mate you had in college).
You can listen to songs, read their lyrics, and click the lines that interest you for pop-up explanations – we have thousands of canonical rap songs explained (2Pac, Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z – even the beginning of the Torah..)
Our aim is not to translate rap into “nerdspeak”, but rather to critique rap as poetry.

I don't listen to much rap but this site is really something special for those die hard hip-hop enthusiats....

Click to view attachment
* Updated 05-25-2013
tbum20
I updated the rapgenius script to correct the tag field mapping, details below:

OLD tag field was set to "UNSNYNCEDLYRICS" which was a spelling error on my behalf.

NEW script outputs to tag field "UNSYNCEDLYRICS".

Original post was editied to include the updated script.
ResidualImages
(apologies in advance for any thread hijacking, but I figured one reply would be okay smile.gif )

QUOTE (victor @ Jan 22 2012, 00:10) *
There is any way of search lyrics in mass?

something like get a array of selected song names and artists and do a loop of searches.

i used AutoIT to create a LyricsWiki script (and DarkLyrics is an option). It will work on arrays of songs. See this thread.
tbum20
Import lyrics from: Lyrics.com - your music community with the largest searchable lyrics.

I haven't had any problems with the script yet. If you run into any issues let me know!

Click to view attachment

Mihawk90
Additional Substitutes for lyricwiki script:

[ -> (
] -> )
{ -> (
} -> )
< -> _
> -> _

Though they are pretty rare on tracks they ocassionally appear and could be covered

Additionally I think the $caps2() function would be better because sometimes mid-word-capsed characters are brought down to normal case and it can't be found on lyricwiki. Will try this in my script for some time and see if it gives problems
Also solves problems with mp3tag converting characters to normal case when they are following a special character
RealPetChicken
How do i install these scripts? i put the src files in my sources folder where Mp3tag was installed, however, when i open the program and go to Tag Sources, i don't see anything about lyrics, i see the usual Amazon, FreeDB etc.

Can anyone help me install the lyrics script please sad.gif

Edit: I have put these in my Program Files folder, or are the scripts to go on my APPDATA folder?

You have to install them in the APPDATA folder, sorry, great scripts guys, my appreciation is endless.
InspectorMustache
SongMeanings did a long overdue overhaul of their website so now the old script doesn't work anymore. Here's an updated version: http://ubuntuone.com/1MN8S8ngrN4hbyZqdQHJvi
Ignotus
I created an account mostly just to say thanks for the lyrics download scripts. I used to have something in Mediamonkey that would let me do batch downloading, but I can't remember what it was called and I can't find it yet after reinstalling Windows. A Google search had me stumble across this thread, and I already had mp3tag installed, so I tried these scripts. The Dark Lyrics and Lyrics Wiki scripts posted by Dano work fine. I can't do batch tagging with Lyrics Wiki, but Dark Lyrics lets me tag an entire album at once. I'm satisfied with both. I didn't try Magistrix and his Song Meanings didn't work and I think the Metro may not have worked either, but the two I was most needing were Lyrics Wiki and Dark Lyrics anyway. Also, the updated Song Meanings script right above my post by InspectorMustache works fine when doing one at a time. The Lyrics.com script by tbum20 four posts up from mine didn't work. Overall though, I'm happy with what I have and wanted to thank you all. walkman.gif Oh, mp3tag has been really helpful as well. I like to do my tags manually and have control over them. Thanks for the program.
Roy Erez
Problem with tag (') character:
LyricWiki (and probably other sites) fail to serve the reuest if it includes a tag charcter.
When searching in the site the tag is replaced with %27 - i.e.:
http://lyrics.wikia.com/U2:Tryin%27_To_Thr...round_The_World

I tried to modify the lyricwiki script in the following manner:
Original:
CODE
[SearchBy]=$caps(%artist%,- ):$replace($caps(%title%,'('- ),&,'%26',?,'%3F')

My modification
CODE
[SearchBy]=$caps(%artist%,- ):$replace($caps(%title%,'('- ),&,'%26',?,'%3F',','%27')

When I tried using it I got the following error:
[ SYNTAX ERROR IN FORMATTING STRING ]

Is it possible to somehow escape this character? (I tried quoting it and prefixing with \ but got the same error).
dano
Well a single quote can be escaped by using two single quotes: ''

But I did not experience a problem with singles quotes in the query.
DetlevD
QUOTE (Roy Erez @ Aug 26 2012, 00:53) *
...My modification
CODE
[SearchBy]=$caps(%artist%,- ):$replace($caps(%title%,'('- ),&,'%26',?,'%3F',','%27')

Without syntax error the expression looks like this ...

$caps(%ARTIST%,'')':'$replace($caps(%TITLE%,'(- '),'&','%26','?','%3F','','%27')

DD.20120826.1011.CEST
nyco99
can someone make a script with the maxi lyrics database plz ?

www.maxilyrics.com
jjshinobi
I found https://github.com/kenshiro-o/RapGenius-JS/ for those looking to extract lyrics from Hip Hop songs. I don't know how to use it, I've installed it but how do I integrate it with Mp3Tag?
dano
That is not compatible with Mp3tag.

But in this thread there is already a script for rapgenius:
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...amp;#entry61974
studley
QUOTE (InspectorMustache @ Jul 15 2012, 12:43) *
SongMeanings did a long overdue overhaul of their website so now the old script doesn't work anymore. Here's an updated version: http://ubuntuone.com/1MN8S8ngrN4hbyZqdQHJvi

SongMeanings doesn't seem to be working again. Did they change their format again?
tbum20
QUOTE (studley @ Apr 22 2013, 05:53) *
SongMeanings doesn't seem to be working again. Did they change their format again?

SongMeanings:

I updated the unresponsive SongMeanings script.

Click to view attachment
tbum20
RapGenius Updated

I noticed the RapGenius script was not working and have fixed it. I don't actually use all the scripts and randomly just checked this one, if any script stops working just make a post.

Click to view attachment
dweller
Is there a current lyric web source script for sing365?

Thanks in advance.
geebee
Hello,

I would like to be able to add lyrics to an entire album at once please. Doing song by song is just too long. I love mp3tag that I am using since many years that I would hate to change for another program.

I read all answers to this conversation and I believe I understood that darklyrics was able to process in batch but it would need to be updated for lyricWiki which finds more songs. I looked at the script source but it is not obvious how to do change them. I do not care about the album name although I understand that this could influence the lyrics even if same artist and title.

So I am really looking at selecting mutiple files and that either the source script run on each song to find the lyrics and save them - OR - that the script is ran once and now how to loop internally to do so.

Does anyone would know how to do this or start it please?

Thanks
dano
This is not possible with Mp3tag. Darklyrics is an exception because it has all lyrics of an album on one page.
But you can use this tool which works well together with Mp3tag:
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=7886
cyan
Lyriki & Lyricsmania

Two new scripts walkman.gif

dano, can you post the newest scripts in the beginning , like an index or something?

thanks in advance laugh.gif

dylstew
Is there any way to use this with http://www.plyrics.com/? It also has the lyrics of entire albums on one page. it has Punk songs. And also http://www.azlyrics.com/, which is pop songs or songs not metal/punk/hip hop.

You might aswell add http://www.urbanlyrics.com/, but I don't care for hip hop at all xD.
Abu-Dun
The LyricWiki script has a little bug, it always adds the word "Ad" in front of the lyrics.
tappan
Here's a quickfix for LyricWiki (removes the 'Ad'):

http://ge.tt/7hn6Qo81/v/0?c

Thanks goes out to dano for originating this script. I joined up so I could post this fix.

Cheers!
tappan
ResidualImages
QUOTE (dano @ Sep 29 2013, 06:27) *
This is not possible with Mp3tag. Darklyrics is an exception because it has all lyrics of an album on one page.
But you can use this tool which works well together with Mp3tag:
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=7886

Hey Dano, thanks for the love there laugh.gif
I still try to stop by and maintain that thread from time to time.
dylstew
So uuuhm... No one interested in Plyrics and Azlyrics?
magnus_alejo
QUOTE (dylstew @ Dec 15 2013, 13:21) *
So uuuhm... No one interested in Plyrics and Azlyrics?

My PLyrics script
Enjoy!
walkman.gif
Abu-Dun
The LyricWikia stopped working. When I try to pull some lyrics for my mp3 I get something like this in the lyrics field as a result:

QUELLTEXT
eng||(function() {var opts = {artist: "Interpol",song: "Next Exit",adunit_id: 39382076,div_id: "cf_async_" + Math.floor((Math.random() * 999999999))};document.write('');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(window.cf)c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.tonefuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState

Could this be the embedded YouTube video? Can someone help?
Kien
Same here. All other scripts have not worked for quite a while, only lyricwikia, now it's broken too... sad.gif
dano
LyricWikia Update.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.