Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorting Special Actions in Tag Panel
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > General Discussion
noroom
I think it would be better if Mp3tag put the special actions (like <keep> and <blank>) at the top of the drop-down boxes when there are several options available.

For example, if there's files with different comments, like "???", "_ROCK_", "... hello?" and so on, they might end up on top of the special actions in the list, making them hard to find.

I'm all for alphabetical sorting of the contents, but these special commands should have a higher priority. This would make it easier to just scroll through the values with the mousewheel instead of having to open the list and read through the entries.

Thanks smile.gif
noroom
Hello? unsure.gif
Florian
I can understand the motivation, but the problem is, that the effort to change the sorting is greater than the benefit of this change.

Sorry.
noroom
It can't be that hard sad.gif

Instead of populating the list and then sorting it, you could only add the found comments, then sort it, and then add the special actions at indexes 0 and 1.

I really don't think it's a lot of effort, and it would give Mp3tag a much more polished feel. Right now it's stuff like that that makes it seem not very... professional.

But hey, I won't stop using it just because of this. I just thought I'd contribute to the development smile.gif
DetlevD
QUOTE (noroom @ Feb 19 2007, 11:41) *
It can't be that hard sad.gif
Instead of populating the list and then sorting it, you could only add the found comments, then sort it, and then add the special actions at indexes 0 and 1.
I really don't think it's a lot of effort, and it would give Mp3tag a much more polished feel. Right now it's stuff like that that makes it seem not very... professional.
But hey, I won't stop using it just because of this. I just thought I'd contribute to the development smile.gif

I do support this suggestion.

DD.20070219.1154
chrizoo
QUOTE (DetlevD @ Feb 19 2007, 10:54) *
I do support this suggestion.

support++

QUOTE (noroom @ Feb 19 2007, 10:41) *

seems like a good solution
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.