Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Export Help
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Development > Export
Mizery_Made
I have been messing with an export for some time now. My main problem is that it can take 10+ minutes to run, meanwhile dano's "dano_List_Album_js_ex" export which I think is far more complicated takes less then HALF that time (roughly 4 minutes) on the same set of files. Thus, I was wondering if someone could help point out some optimizations that could be made. Here is a small sample of what mine exports:

Statistics:
Artists: 5
Albums: 11
Tracks: 199
Playtime: 13:14:41
Size: 1.05 GB
Only Full Albums Listed

===============R&B===============

• Lauryn Hill
    • The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill (1998)
  • Usher
    • Confessions (2004)
    • Confessions [Special Edition] (2004)
    • My Way (1997)
===============Rap===============

• 2Pac
    • All Eyez On Me (1996)
    • Me Against The World (1995)
  • Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
    • Strength & Loyalty (2007)
  • Chamillionaire
    • Mixtape Messiah 2 [Mixtape] (2006)
    • Mixtape Messiah 3 [Mixtape] (2007)
    • The Sound Of Revenge (2005)
    • Ultimate Victory (2007)

(Note: That one only took about 3 seconds, but 200 tracks compared to 8700... ha.) It's a list of albums with some statistics with some BBCode, plan to use it to keep an updated album list on a music forum I go to. But at 10+ minutes for a full export and surely as my collection grows, so would the export time. Thus, I thought I would try and solve the problem now with any optimization that might be out there. Attached will be a full export example as well as the MTE if you want to look over it.

I noticed it hangs for some time in a couple spots during export, not sure what it's about. Also, if you have any ideas on how to 'pretty it up' design wise then I'm open to suggestions aswell. If there isn't any real way to speed it up and such then I atleast thank you for taking a look.

Any help appreciated though. smile.gif

PS -- If someone was able to speed it up, aswell as be able to supply a mirror version in HTML, I would bow to them. wub.gif I am shit with HTML, I always end up with a huge mess when I try and even touch HTML. unsure.gif
DetlevD
Do not put a summary on top of a report.
Avoid redundant loops.
Do use existing loops to collect all data you need for the summary.
Try this mte script:
Click to view attachment
DD.20071130.1215

Real world example:
Statistics:
Artists: 2525
Albums: 3146
Tracks: 10894
Playtime: 843:38:38
Size: 71,91 GB
Only Full Albums Listed

Runtime about 100 seconds.

Try this generic html mte script:
Click to view attachment
DD.20071130.1305
Mizery_Made
Cool, you were actually able to improve it. Your version came in at only 5 minutes. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.