Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Search Song title in FreeDb by track length
Mp3tag Forums > Misc > Off-Topic - International
peter.neu
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the artist/track title for an old wave file I found on my hard drive. It has got a very peculiar length (1:50). I thought maybe there is a way to find out how to find the song title by querying the track length?

I got no other way to find out what the title is because it's a instrumental piano/ambient track dating back to late 2002.

Is there an easy way to do this?
Florian
I think it's not possible using freedb. But you can try MusicBrainz Picard which has support for identifying tracks based on an audio hash-sum.

Hope that helps!

Florian
peter.neu
Hi,

I tried MusicBrainz Picard but it couldn't find anything matching the track. Problem is you can't solely look for duration you also need an artist name.

I read a little about audio fingerprinting on Wikipedia. Looks like there a really no tools that can do this job. Everything is really in beta stage and the problem seems to be that the gathered data is minimal... sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.