Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Translations M.I.A.
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Support
digidistortions
My first language is English, but I'm currently in the process of learnign French, and in order to help myself pick up the language I'm changing all of my programs on my comp to French. On the mp3tag Download page it says mp3tag can be translated to French, but the current version doesn't seem to come with any language packs!? I've tried reinstalling many many times and there is not where to select to install the French translation.... so my question is, am I doing something wrong, or were they actually left out of the current release?
Florian
You can switch the language of Mp3tag by completely uninstalling Mp3tag and reinstalling it. Language selection is currently only available at the start of a fresh installation process.

Best regards,
~ Florian
Sebastian Mares
I had exactly the same problem and Florian told me what to do.
  1. Open the registry editor by using Start -> Run -> regedit.
  2. Go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Moebius\Install\Mp3tag" and remove "Installer Language".
  3. You can now download the current developer build and simply install it over the old version (select French during the installation).

Regards,
Sebastian Mares
Florian
QUOTE (Sebastian_Mares @ Jan 10 2004, 11:00 AM)
I had exactly the same problem and Florian told me what to do.

That's right. But please also adjust the default values for multiple selections at Options, Default values from < keep > to their aquivalent in the new language.
Otherwise you'll save the string < keep > ...

~ Florian
digidistortions
cool thanks or the info guys smile.gif. in future versions of mp3tag could you make it easier to switch languages though? not a big deal, but still it might eb nice.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.