Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whole Album/Directory Lyrics Tool
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Development > Web Sources Scripts
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ResidualImages
alright, there's a small revision now.

this will allow you to hide the summary window (per LyricsLover's request)

it will also ignore lyrics with the "sorry, life sucks and we aren't allowed to give you the full lyrics" disclaimer tongue.gif

and finally, soehest, please see if your error still happens for the 4000+ files folder.
bobjonst
Hey I dont know if this was mentioned before. I really like the tool, it does the job very well. It would be very nice to have an option to search for song lyrics without the artist name. That way one can find lyrics for songs that were covered by different artists.

Great work overall, thanks!
soehest
QUOTE (ResidualImages @ Mar 30 2012, 22:48) *
alright, there's a small revision now.

this will allow you to hide the summary window (per LyricsLover's request)

it will also ignore lyrics with the "sorry, life sucks and we aren't allowed to give you the full lyrics" disclaimer tongue.gif

and finally, soehest, please see if your error still happens for the 4000+ files folder.

Nice new revision walkman.gif
I can say that my test run on my 4000+ folder ran perfectly without crashing like last time, so you did manage to fix that bug :-) Also it will no longer fetch those teaser lyrics. Great work :-)

Best regards
soehest
tbum20
bobjonst makes a good point, Thanks a lot for taking the time to pick this project backup and keep it running to perfection. Its a great tool, props!

Tbum
ResidualImages
QUOTE (bobjonst @ Mar 31 2012, 03:18) *
Hey I dont know if this was mentioned before. I really like the tool, it does the job very well.
Great work overall, thanks!

thank you for your kind words! smile.gif

QUOTE (bobjonst @ Mar 31 2012, 03:18) *
It would be very nice to have an option to search for song lyrics without the artist name. That way one can find lyrics for songs that were covered by different artists.

this should be possible, but I'll have to think of how to actually implement it cleanly. There will probably have to be a 2nd export 'action' set up in MP3Tag to do covers/songs without artists.
ResidualImages
QUOTE (soehest @ Apr 2 2012, 06:51) *
Nice new revision walkman.gif
I can say that my test run on my 4000+ folder ran perfectly without crashing like last time, so you did manage to fix that bug :-) Also it will no longer fetch those teaser lyrics. Great work :-)

Best regards
soehest

soehest, that's the kind of reply that really makes my day. "no problems, we're all good here" is a wonderful feeling biggrin.gif

thanks for your time finding the bugs. feel free to pass along any other things you find or think of as improvements~
ResidualImages
QUOTE (tbum20 @ Apr 2 2012, 12:27) *
bobjonst makes a good point, Thanks a lot for taking the time to pick this project backup and keep it running to perfection. Its a great tool, props!

Tbum

Tbum, thanks for your support. Sure, I like having the tool for myself, but sharing it and having solid feedback is awesome! laugh.gif
Usram
Very good job. Thank's a lot for all your efforts and time biggrin.gif
ResidualImages
QUOTE (Usram @ Apr 12 2012, 06:39) *
Very good job. Thank's a lot for all your efforts and time biggrin.gif

thanks Usram! and welcome to the forums smile.gif
entdh
Hello
this is my first post, this tool is exactly what I have been looking for and works for me pretty well, but I wonder if I did something wrong?
it seems to take ages just to do an album or 2 (around 10 -15 minutes?) and will hang sometimes with loads of little windows open and state 'internet explorer has stopped working'
I use windows 7 and IE9 if that is important?

otherwise keep up the good work
thanks
entdh
ResidualImages
QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 12 2012, 11:33) *
it seems to take ages just to do an album or 2 (around 10 -15 minutes?) and will hang sometimes with loads of little windows open and state 'internet explorer has stopped working'
I use windows 7 and IE9 if that is important?

Hello and welcome, Entdh!

May I ask what version of Windows you are using? As in, is it a European version?

There should only be ONE Internet Explorer window visble, if the 'make invisble' fails. your version you downloaded is 1.0.0.14, correct? (right click, properties, details, file version)

I just checked from a freshly downloaded copy, and an album with 12 songs took about 15-20 seconds, and I tried it twice.

I will work with you further to troubleshoot, I'm just clearing up the first questions.
entdh
QUOTE (ResidualImages @ Apr 12 2012, 17:45) *
Hello and welcome, Entdh!

May I ask what version of Windows you are using? As in, is it a European version?

There should only be ONE Internet Explorer window visble, if the 'make invisble' fails. your version you downloaded is 1.0.0.14, correct? (right click, properties, details, file version)

I just checked from a freshly downloaded copy, and an album with 12 songs took about 15-20 seconds, and I tried it twice.

hello and thank you for the welcome
Windows 7 I bought in the UK....
I get lots of small windows running (each one says 'searching lyricswiki') each one has an estimated time (in seconds) but it takes much longer.
if I look at task manager and processes during this time then iexplore.exe is running many times.

sometimes I will get a an error message stating Internet explorer has stopped working, and sometimes an explorer window will pop up

I am not at home at the moment but I am sure I am running the latest version, I will check when I get home book.gif

otherwise it seems to work pretty well - just a bit slow, certainly nowhere near the 15-20 seconds that yours takes.

thanks again

entdh
ResidualImages
QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 13 2012, 07:10) *
hello and thank you for the welcome
Windows 7 I bought in the UK....
I get lots of small windows running (each one says 'searching lyricswiki') each one has an estimated time (in seconds) but it takes much longer.
if I look at task manager and processes during this time then iexplore.exe is running many times.

sometimes I will get a an error message stating Internet explorer has stopped working, and sometimes an explorer window will pop up

I am not at home at the moment but I am sure I am running the latest version, I will check when I get home book.gif

otherwise it seems to work pretty well - just a bit slow, certainly nowhere near the 15-20 seconds that yours takes.

thanks again

entdh

when you get home, make sure you do *NOT* have 'for all selected files' checked.
your tool setup should look like this:

entdh
QUOTE (ResidualImages @ Apr 13 2012, 15:10) *
when you get home, make sure you do *NOT* have 'for all selected files' checked.
your tool setup should look like this:

That seems to fix it - thanks for the help -I didn't follow the instructions properly.... dry.gif

a couple of other questions if i may?
does the program save a txt file in the mp3 folder? if so is this necessary? or can it be deleted? I assumed the lyrics are embedded in the mp3 tag?
also it doesn't always seem to find some lyrics which I checked and do seem to be on lyricwiki?
regards
entdh
entdh
Oh ohmy.gif I seem to have another odd problem - I can't seem to read the readme pdf file....??

I read it before - and I was just checking if I had followed all the other instructions correctly now it hangs my adobe reader..

any thoughts?
regards
entdh
ResidualImages
QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 13 2012, 13:22) *
That seems to fix it - thanks for the help -I didn't follow the instructions properly.... dry.gif

a couple of other questions if i may?
does the program save a txt file in the mp3 folder? if so is this necessary? or can it be deleted? I assumed the lyrics are embedded in the mp3 tag?
also it doesn't always seem to find some lyrics which I checked and do seem to be on lyricwiki?
regards
entdh

it's a long and precise process to get it set up, so no worries. smile.gif glad it's working now.

yes, the text files can be deleted once you do the "import lyrics", because the lyrics are then embedded in the MP3 file. i had a batch file that went through and automatically deleted all "*.txt" files within my music folders and subfolders.

if you can show me some examples of the songs that it's missing, i'll check into it!
ResidualImages
QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 13 2012, 13:44) *
Oh ohmy.gif I seem to have another odd problem - I can't seem to read the readme pdf file....??

I read it before - and I was just checking if I had followed all the other instructions correctly now it hangs my adobe reader..

any thoughts?
regards
entdh

Google Docs Version of the PDF
entdh
QUOTE (ResidualImages @ Apr 13 2012, 20:16) *

again thanks for your help
here is an example I just tried the album 'best of' by Blur and it only came back with lyrics for 8 of the tracks yet all 18 seem to be on lyricwiki
not sure if I am doing something wrong?

cheers
entdh
entdh
oh and you wouldnt have a copy of that batch file would you? - it has been a few years since I wrote a batch file

cheers
entdh
ResidualImages
QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 13 2012, 16:51) *
oh and you wouldnt have a copy of that batch file would you? - it has been a few years since I wrote a batch file

cheers
entdh

del /s "C:\PATH_TO_ROOT_OF_MUSIC_FOLDERS\*.txt"

obviously, replace the C:\PATH... bit with your correct path. this will delete ANY *.txt files, with no prompting, in all folders that are within the C:\PATH (or whatever) folder
ResidualImages
QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 13 2012, 16:50) *
again thanks for your help
here is an example I just tried the album 'best of' by Blur and it only came back with lyrics for 8 of the tracks yet all 18 seem to be on lyricwiki
not sure if I am doing something wrong?

cheers
entdh

i'll look into that album this weekend. a lot has to do with the title of the song. "Best of" and "compilation" albums sometimes put lots of weird extra info in the title of the song by default. what is in the LyricsData.txt file if you do JUST that album? can you copy and paste contents here?
entdh
QUOTE (ResidualImages @ Apr 13 2012, 23:20) *
i'll look into that album this weekend. a lot has to do with the title of the song. "Best of" and "compilation" albums sometimes put lots of weird extra info in the title of the song by default. what is in the LyricsData.txt file if you do JUST that album? can you copy and paste contents here?

text file is as follows
this does seem to happen with other albums, Ijust tried some ZZ top witjh similar results, but most of the eagles and deep purple seemed to work fine

C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 01 - Beetlebum.mp3|Blur|Beetlebum
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 02 - Song 2.mp3|Blur|Song 2
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 03 - There's No Other Way.mp3|Blur|There's No Other Way
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 04 - The Universal.mp3|Blur|The Universal
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 05 - Coffee & TV.mp3|Blur|Coffee & TV
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 06 - Parklife.mp3|Blur|Parklife
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 07 - End of a Century.mp3|Blur|End of a Century
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 08 - No Distance Left to Run.mp3|Blur|No Distance Left to Run
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 09 - Tender.mp3|Blur|Tender
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 10 - Girls & Boys.mp3|Blur|Girls & Boys
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 11 - Charmless Man.mp3|Blur|Charmless Man
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 12 - She's So High.mp3|Blur|She's So High
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 13 - Country House.mp3|Blur|Country House
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 14 - To the End.mp3|Blur|To the End
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 15 - On Your Own.mp3|Blur|On Your Own
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 16 - This Is a Low.mp3|Blur|This Is a Low
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 17 - For Tomorrow.mp3|Blur|For Tomorrow
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 18 - Music Is My Radar.mp3|Blur|Music Is My Radar
entdh
I notice that if i run the program several times it seems to pick up more lyrics each time.in fact after about 5 times there are only two tracks missing

interesting
entdh
ResidualImages
QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 14 2012, 03:50) *
text file is as follows
this does seem to happen with other albums, Ijust tried some ZZ top witjh similar results, but most of the eagles and deep purple seemed to work fine

i just faked the same setup you have, and I got all the songs except the ones with "&" in their name. And I only had to run it once, not 5 times. Strange. I'll have to play with things and see if I can make it fail but get better over time like you're describing.

As far as the ampersand issue I am sure I can create a fix. Thanks, I'll look into this. biggrin.gif
entdh
Hi
its me again
I set up your great app on my machine at work (don't tell the boss) but it does exactly the same - i.e. only gets a few of the lyrics but improves with several passes.

but I now often get another error
Line 8182 error subscript used with non array variable
I am not sure exactly what causes this, I have tried to repeat selections but it seems slightly random....?
this machine runs XP and IEv8

any thoughts?

regards
entdh
entdh
QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 14 2012, 12:25) *
I notice that if i run the program several times it seems to pick up more lyrics each time.in fact after about 5 times there are only two tracks missing

Another interesting point is that it may be something to do with the output file or the parsing of the file in the lyric search since it seems to invariably only find alternate lyrics (i.e. every other song off the list), which is why it finds more each time it is run.

regards
entdh
tbum20
QUOTE (ResidualImages @ Apr 14 2012, 18:18) *
i just faked the same setup you have, and I got all the songs except the ones with "&" in their name. And I only had to run it once, not 5 times. Strange. I'll have to play with things and see if I can make it fail but get better over time like you're describing.

As far as the ampersand issue I am sure I can create a fix. Thanks, I'll look into this. biggrin.gif

Due to the fact the issue they are having seems to be dynamic I believe the only static variable in this type of application that could cause this type of behavior is if the app has a network timeout feature. If so, the cause is most likely due to a slower internet connection or some type of security application is detecting the application as a potential threat and actively scanning its behavior.

SHAHRAM
I do the readme guide step by step!
but when i press the export on action menu
i see this error

but as you see i creat the file that it needs sad.gif
dano
Use a different directory for the lyricsData.txt file

It's a bad example in the Readme as ProgramFiles requires Admin rights to write to it.
SHAHRAM
Thank you very much indeed,
ive got another question
in the end when i press the action menu i see the import action too,
but in picture of readme pdf in how to use there isnt import part!
does it means that i missed a part?
Psi
This is an amazing tool, thank you so much Matt.

I'm having a slight problem though. I just finished the set up, following the readme exactly, and I tested things on thirty different songs. Every song is missing the very first line of the lyrics and also missing the very last line.

The rest of the lyrics. the middle-part of the song, copies over perfectly fine, but once it was finished doing all 30 and I read through the lyrics, I realised the first line of lyrics and the last line of lyrics weren't copying over.

I'm not sure what's causing it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

In case it's relevant, I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, Internet Explorer 8 and Mp3tag v2.51
ResidualImages
QUOTE (Psi @ Jun 20 2012, 03:45) *
This is an amazing tool, thank you so much Matt.

I'm having a slight problem though. I just finished the set up, following the readme exactly, and I tested things on thirty different songs. Every song is missing the very first line of the lyrics and also missing the very last line.

The rest of the lyrics. the middle-part of the song, copies over perfectly fine, but once it was finished doing all 30 and I read through the lyrics, I realised the first line of lyrics and the last line of lyrics weren't copying over.

I'm not sure what's causing it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

In case it's relevant, I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, Internet Explorer 8 and Mp3tag v2.51

sorry guys, been crazy at work, pulling 90 hour weeks. >.<

didn't mean to abandon everyone. Thanks dano for steppin' in.

Psi, which website you using? LyricsWiki or DarkLyrics? I used to strip the first and last line because they were blank. They could have changed the way they were storing the lyrics so that now I need to NOT strip the first and last.
RealPetChicken
So i installed this great script, while searching lyrics for led zeppelin 2, however, it only found lyrics for one song. I think to myself, it could be wikilyrics (it may not have the lyrics available). However, using a regular script someone made to look for lyrics through tag sources which uses wikilyrics as well, and finds the lyrics with no problems.

Did i install this app wrong? any help will be appreciated.
ResidualImages
QUOTE (RealPetChicken @ Jul 1 2012, 17:09) *
So i installed this great script, while searching lyrics for led zeppelin 2, however, it only found lyrics for one song. I think to myself, it could be wikilyrics (it may not have the lyrics available). However, using a regular script someone made to look for lyrics through tag sources which uses wikilyrics as well, and finds the lyrics with no problems.

Did i install this app wrong? any help will be appreciated.

what is in the LyricsData.txt file if you do JUST that Led Zeppelin album? can you copy and paste contents here?
Psi
QUOTE (ResidualImages @ Jun 29 2012, 19:39) *
Psi, which website you using? LyricsWiki or DarkLyrics? I used to strip the first and last line because they were blank. They could have changed the way they were storing the lyrics so that now I need to NOT strip the first and last.

Sorry for taking so long to reply Matt.

I haven't touched mp3tag in over a month, and I just tried it out again on the songs that, previously, had the first and last lines missing from. They're now no longer skipping those lines when importing lyrics, so it's working perfectly!

I was/am using LyricsWiki, yes. I'm not sure if you did anything to fix it, or if it just magically fixed itself overnight or something, but thank you anyway smile.gif

I'm going to take advantage of it and add lyric tags to all my files now smile.gif
ResidualImages
QUOTE (Psi @ Jul 29 2012, 07:58) *
so it's working perfectly!
I'm going to take advantage of it and add lyric tags to all my files now smile.gif

Psi, this is the kind of post that makes my day! smile.gif Glad to have you tagging away~
Usram
Hi,

I have some troubles with some files. I got this error :

Line 8182 (File "D:\Lyrics\lyrics.exe"): Error Subscript used non -Array variable.
(screen shoot https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0HkfpTO4pOsOWtqZ19ncFRVWTQ )

I got it using Lyrics in Mp3tag or lauching it directly.

For example a file genertaing this error https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0HkfpTO4pOsU3BWRGpEQUdiNkU.

Thanks for your help.
Zedicus Mann
Hello,

I just discovered this plugin and I love it so far. I was just wondering if there was any possibility of using a different source like viewlyrics.com, the database that Minilyrics uses. I have been trying to find a tool to easily add lyrics to songs and in my time experimenting with Minilyrics, they seem to have a very well built database.

If not, I'd still like to thank you for this tool. It works amazingly, keep up the good work.
ResidualImages
QUOTE (Zedicus Mann @ Oct 30 2013, 12:28) *
Hello,

I just discovered this plugin and I love it so far. I was just wondering if there was any possibility of using a different source like viewlyrics.com, the database that Minilyrics uses. I have been trying to find a tool to easily add lyrics to songs and in my time experimenting with Minilyrics, they seem to have a very well built database.

If not, I'd still like to thank you for this tool. It works amazingly, keep up the good work.

Zedicus, I have put together a quick integration of ViewLyrics.com -- see original post for new download. Version 1.0.0.16, works just like the DarkLyrics.com option, but the PDF is updated just for clarity.

Try it out and let me know; I tested it a bit and seemed to get pretty good results pretty quickly.
tappan
With MP3tag v2.58 and FindLyrics 1.0.0.16, LyricsWiki is losing the first line. (haven't checked for the last line).. and losing last line.
ResidualImages
QUOTE (tappan @ Dec 9 2013, 20:42) *
With MP3tag v2.58 and FindLyrics 1.0.0.16, LyricsWiki is losing the first line. (haven't checked for the last line).. and losing last line.

Tappan, I am sorry to say my result was different just now with a test song.
I tested Batille's song "Pompeii" and got just the lyrics that were present, no missing first and last line. Could you please tell me the specific song(s) so I can update the script if necessary ?

Lyrics.exe found the source of: http://lyrics.wikia.com/Bastille:Pompeii , and started off with "I was left to my own devices" and ended with the second "How am I gonna be an optimist about this?".

I do strip the first line if I see all three of the words "ringtone", "cell" and "send" in the first line. The same rule applies to stripping the last line (all 3 words present in the line, then strip it). That proved to always be an ad to send the song as a ringtone, in my testing. I can remove the two line strips and see what that does for the lyrics...
*goes to test it*

So if I remove the first and last line strip, I get:
Send "Pompeii" Ringtone to your Cell Ad
at the beginning and end of my lyrics.

Again, please let me know what songs you are getting this on. It could be that the ads are different per country or per song, and that my testing did not show me these cases.

Thanks!
ResidualImages
QUOTE (Usram @ Nov 6 2012, 03:39) *
Hi,

I have some troubles with some files. I got this error :

Line 8182 (File "D:\Lyrics\lyrics.exe"): Error Subscript used non -Array variable.
(screen shoot https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0HkfpTO4pOsOWtqZ19ncFRVWTQ )

I got it using Lyrics in Mp3tag or lauching it directly.

For example a file genertaing this error https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0HkfpTO4pOsU3BWRGpEQUdiNkU.

Thanks for your help.

Usram, I missed your post LAST YEAR, and I am so sorry :-(
I used your Valentine.mp3 file to get LyricsWiki lyrics that just said "Instrumental" today with no non-array Variable error. Please update me if you still care and still have this issue.

tappan
I was doing Audioslave albums 'Audioslave', 'Out of Exile, and 'Revelations'.

All three it stripped first and last lines.
ResidualImages
QUOTE (tappan @ Dec 12 2013, 07:35) *
I was doing Audioslave albums 'Audioslave', 'Out of Exile, and 'Revelations'.

All three it stripped first and last lines.

Alright, Tappan, I have those three albums and am running now. I am getting no skipped lines.

As a workaround, I did push a new version out [1.0.0.17] that will let you add an argument to the program where you can say -nostrip to skip the checks for ringtone advertisement lines.

poster
If I change to the source of viewlyrics the opening window tells me the script is connected to darklyrics but it is correctly connected to viewlyrics.
ResidualImages
QUOTE (poster @ Dec 13 2013, 12:44) *
If I change to the source of viewlyrics the opening window tells me the script is connected to darklyrics but it is correctly connected to viewlyrics.

Poster, you are absolutely correct. That is totally my fault - silly copy and paste within my own code! 1.0.0.18 should correct that. Uploading now. smile.gif

Thanks!
xp_xyz
Just came across ResidualImages' magnificient tool! Thanks for that!

I tested it with one album (15 tracks) using LyricsWiki. I received 13 messages like that:
Searching LyricsWiki for Lyrics to 'title', by Artist: Lyrics found! PARTIAL LYRICS. SAVING ABORTED.

So I checked it out myself, but the lyrics of the songs concerned looked fine to me.
Txt-files are not saved, because of the error messages. What is my mistake here? Could someone please help?

I am using MP3Tag v2.57 and the latest version (1.0.0.18) of FindLyrics.
ResidualImages
QUOTE (xp_xyz @ May 10 2014, 13:04) *
Just came across ResidualImages' magnificient tool! Thanks for that!

I tested it with one album (15 tracks) using LyricsWiki. I received 13 messages like that:

So I checked it out myself, but the lyrics of the songs concerned looked fine to me.
Txt-files are not saved, because of the error messages. What is my mistake here? Could someone please help?

I am using MP3Tag v2.57 and the latest version (1.0.0.18) of FindLyrics.

Well, XP_XYZ, looks like something has changed in the LyricsWiki site again. I'll search out the changes and update this week; I will reply to this thread and update the original post with the new version soon!

Thanks for stopping by~
xp_xyz
QUOTE (ResidualImages @ May 11 2014, 18:11) *
Well, XP_XYZ, looks like something has changed in the LyricsWiki site again. I'll search out the changes and update this week; I will reply to this thread and update the original post with the new version soon!

Thanks for the fast reply! Be assured that your work will definitely be honored!
Thanks in advance!
ResidualImages
QUOTE (xp_xyz @ May 11 2014, 10:41) *
Thanks for the fast reply! Be assured that your work will definitely be honored!
Thanks in advance!

XP_XYZ, I have not forgotten about you. Work kept me busy last week with some last minute projects. I will be working on this tool this week, I hope!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.