Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie needs help with Export Script
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Development > Export
Scruffy
I'm trying to create an export configuration.

I want to do something very simple...I want to go through all my artists, albums, and tracks and list all tracks in my collection which have "Lecture" as the genre.

Can someone tell me why the following code produces an empty file when I use it to export when all my tracks are visible in the MP3Tag window?

$filename(txt)$loop(%_path%)$if($eql(%genre%,"Lecture"),
%artist% - %album% - %title% - %genre%
,)$loopend()

Also, can someone tell me how to learn the syntax for creating configurations? I have seen the help section that describes the placeholders and scripting functions, but that is not sufficient to learn how to create configurations. I don't have the time to study other examples and try to infer all the syntax rules. I just want to read them in a book, or other source. I'm very handy with Visual Basic, but I don't know C, Java, HTML, etc. Does the syntax mimic one of those languages?

And finally, I'd like to have a printout of the entire documentation (or a version in PDF format). Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Lawrence
dano
No quotation marks:
$eql(%genre%,Lecture)
Scruffy
Dano--

Thanks for the tip. Worked like a charm.

Lawrence

Does anyone have any references for learning the syntax?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.