Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [F] Crash upon running when Tag Panel is separate window
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Bug Reports > Fixed Bugs
soulkarver
Here's what happens:

1) I drag the Tag Panel outside of the main window. I leave the Tag Panel as a separate window, detached from the main mp3tag window.

2) I close the program and run the program again.

3) The program immediately crashes when I run it. No error messages are given... the program just quits.

I've run the program multiple times after detaching the Tag Panel window from the main program, and it crashes every time. I tried deleting the configuration files under "\Application Data\Mp3tag" but that did not fix the problem. Any ideas?

Mp3tag Version: 2.42h
Build: Mar 21 2009 15:08:46
OS-Version: Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
soulkarver
Oh, by the way, I was able to leave the Tag Panel as a separate window in previous versions of Mp3tag, such as Mp3tag v2.42 stable, and it never crashed.
Pol Davril
I can reproduce the problem with 2.42h.
The error message is:
"The instruction at 0x005747db referenced memory at 0x00000088. The memory could not be read".

I'm running win XP SP2.

To be able to run mp3tag again with the edit panel docked, delete the following key in the Windows registry if you're familiar with it (at your own risk !) :
HKCU - Software - Florian Heidenreich - Mp3tag - DockBars - MTBar-Bar7

Or just run the included reg file.
Florian
Thanks for reporting!

Can you please try this build:
Pol Davril
This 2.42h build (mar 25 2009 10:20:08) is OK for me.
Thanks.
soulkarver
It works. Thanks!
Florian
This is now fixed officially in Mp3tag v2.43.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.