Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [F] Changes page display issue
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Bug Reports > Fixed Bugs
Sabio
On the Changes page text is displayed with fixed font without any wrapping. And it makes reading it absolutely inconvenient (letters are less visible on "orange-ish" background, horizontal scrolling has be used)

I believe it would be much better if text was displayed like this:

Or at least just wrapped automatically.

P.S. IE layout of the page seems to be broken:
Sabio
... and it also seems reasonable to move older versions' changes into separate page - to make Changes page load faster and don't overwhelm user with the amount of changes smile.gif
Florian
This page is generated and I don't feel like manually adjusting the wrapping on every new release. I've move the old changes to a separate page, thanks for the suggestion.

Kind regards,
Florian
Sabio
QUOTE (Florian @ Mar 30 2009, 21:30) *
This page is generated and I don't feel like manually adjusting the wrapping on every new release.

You could wrap it just by applying special styling to PRE tag - see http://users.tkk.fi/~tkarvine/pre-wrap-css...a-opera-ie.html

It won't look as "stylish" as on 2nd screenshot. But the horizontal scrollbar and readability problem will be eliminated.

P.S. I believe lines in plain text file could also be wrapped automatically (right margin = 80, continuation indentation = 20) upon "generation". But that's up to you of cause.
Florian
OK, you've convinced me. I've added an additional step to my build process which beautifies the changelog smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.