IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How can I remove 'underscores' from filenames & tags?, Some filenames and tag fields have used _ instead of a space,
StarGehzer
post Nov 7 2009, 07:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11242
Mp3tag Version: 2.66

Some filenames and tag fields have used _ instead of a space, I'm sure I'm not the first to want to change these but I couldn't find anything when I searched.
To clarify..... I have filenames such as, "Bonnie_Raitt-I_Dont_Want_Anything_To_Change". I'd like it to read "Bonnie Raitt - I Don't Want Anything To Change".
The title field for the tag also has the underscores. I realize if I can change it in one of the 2 places I can then change the other.
I looked at the expressions some of you are creating, but don't understand them.
Thanks...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Florian
post Nov 7 2009, 15:09
Post #2

Developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203
Mp3tag Version: 2.83j

See FAQ: How do I replace the string "xyz" in tag-fields or filenames?

--------------------
♫ If you like using Mp3tag please donate to support further development.

+Quote Post
mellemel
post Nov 8 2009, 09:26
Post #3

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 10682
Mp3tag Version: v2.43

Man I really wish this process was easier like using a program like Flash Renamer. There have been soooo many times I've wanted to do something...add a space...remove a space...a character whatever...and was basically discouraged cause I think it's unnecessarily complicated.

I just wish there was simpler/quicker Flash Renamer type of way to re-tagg sometimes.

+Quote Post
Florian
post Nov 8 2009, 09:56
Post #4

Developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203
Mp3tag Version: 2.83j

I don't know FlashRenamer but if you just quickly want to replace some characters, there are various quicker possibilities:
  • you can use a Quick Action for that: just press [Shift+Alt+5] or the respective button from the toolbar.
  • you can also directly change filenames and tags it in the file list by using a delayed double-click

Kind regards,
Florian

--------------------
♫ If you like using Mp3tag please donate to support further development.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 02:42