pone
post Oct 30 2011, 03:45
Post #16

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 9103
Mp3tag Version: 2.59b

ZITAT(simple @ Oct 29 2011, 16:23) *
Hi,
Is it possible to assign multiple value to a multivalue field using the Web sources Framework?
Let's take the Genre Field an an Example: If I manually set the the genre of a track to genre1\\genre2, both genres are saves as individual values and can e.g. be used for grouping in players that support multivalue fields. But I wasn't able to achieve the same effect using the Web sources Framework. outputto "Genre" say "genre1\\genre2" just writes the backslashes to a single genre field (even If I use 4 backslashes because they are Escape Characters). It there another solution?
Thanks for your Reply,
Simon

the answere is here:
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=42312

you have to press ctrl + s after running the script and the tag field must be displayed in the tag panel (which in case of genre is always true).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Victor Kostas
post Dec 27 2011, 18:41
Post #17

Member No.: 6578
Mp3tag Version: 2.80c

I think a few things need to be added to Web Source Script interface:

1. User should be able to exclude certain tags in the media file's update popup regardless of the script. E.g. a Discogs/Amazon/MusicBrainz script can fill 15 tags although user wants to use the same script and just leave certain tags untouched.
Each field/column should be somehow included/excluded from update (a checkbox maybe???). An option to save the selection as a variant could be provided.
I think this "wish" was already requested?

2. [SearchBy] popup window should be enhanced with an advanced mode (new button) to support multiple search fields. Something like discogs manual search http://www.discogs.com/search?q=&btn=&type=all.

I.e. search by artist, album, release ID.
[SearchBy]=&artist=$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)$if(%album%,&release_title=%album%,)$if(%discogs_release_id%,&release_id=%discogs_release_id%,)
currently sets [SearchBy] to &artist=Talking Heads&release_title=Naked&release_id=2942139 in the WebSource popup.
Search fields/values could be displayed in a matrix.
-------------------------------------
Field | Value
artist | Talking Heads
release_title | Naked
release_id | 2942139
--------------------------------------
User could add/change/remove (predefined) selection.
Nothing changes on the WebSource itself. The advanced mode doesn't limit itself in any way. API has to support the listed fields.
We can go even further and provide dynamic solution: the list of all possible filter fields is populated in the script (a new variable). E.g. artist, format, label, year, etc.

Field | Value
artist | Talking Heads
release_title | Naked
release_id | 2942139
label | N/A
year | N/A
--------------------------------------
N/A means ignore this field from the [SearchBy] parameter.
So far there are 2 ways of joining the fields:
- <name>=<value>&<name1>=<value1>...&<nameN>=<valueN>
most of the sites use this format. e.g. artist=Talking Heads&release_title=Naked
- <name>:<value> AND <name2>:<value2> ....... AND <nameN>:<valueN>
This is used mainly by Musicbrainz api v2. e.g. artist:talking,heads AND release:naked.

The would be useful to not use a dedicated script file for each searchby (IndexURL and AlbumParse stay the same).
If someone is not positive for this addition because of available alternative (sort and search though the results) I reply in advance that the aim of mp3tag is to reduce the time of end-user otherwise why would we use mp3tag? The alternative was before mp3tag was created: fill everything manually.

This post has been edited by Victor Kostas: Dec 28 2011, 00:17

+Quote Post
Alastair Gilfill...
post Apr 27 2012, 12:28
Post #18

Member No.: 16215
Mp3tag Version: 1b4

QUOTE (pone @ Sep 1 2010, 01:22) *
just a little question:
is there a name for the program language used for the web source scripts?

Yeah, I'm interested too, Florian. Is it officially "Web Sources Framework" not FloSkript or something...? w00t.gif

+Quote Post
Mhvn
post Aug 23 2013, 07:03
Post #19

Group: Members
Member No.: 18263
Mp3tag Version: 2.57

hey everyone.thank you guys for your great job.i just want this web source so badly.it is a great music database that most of my music is from there and i dont find them any where elese if anyone can make this for me.it would be great.
bandcamp.com

+Quote Post
Victor Kostas
post Sep 17 2014, 18:19
Post #20

Member No.: 6578
Mp3tag Version: 2.80c

The new json based web_source just R_O_C_K_S wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif ....

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 15:42