Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [WS] Fanart.TV, Cover Arts
Mihawk90
post Dec 29 2016, 03:02
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6509
Mp3tag Version: 2.80

How do I install the script? / Wie installiere ich das Script?

So the last few days I've been working on a Cover Art import from Fanart.TV (you can read about my failures here smile.gif ) using their API, and this is the result.

Important: The Script utilizes the MusicBrainz Release-Group ID (since that is the only way to access the API). Unless you tag your files using the MusicBrainz Script and/or with MusicBrainz Picard (or enter the ID manually, but why would anyone do that) this will not work. Period.

Fanart.TV
Fanart.TV is a community aiming mainly at Mediacenter Applications (like Kodi), but they host high quality edited album covers (among other things).
If there are images missing it means either noone found any source material to work with or noone had the time to edit and upload them yet. Afterall this - like many others - is a project being done in volunteer's freetime. If you have any material for a missing artwork make a request and upload it. There are some wizards on there that can get a high quality artwork out of (almost) anything.

What do you get?
- Typically only one high quality artwork for a given release (exceptions being made for Special/Deluxe/Limited Editions, etc.)
- unified 1000x1000px squares (all Cover Art uploaded is required to have these dimensions)

Additional Notes
You can get and use a personal API key to get faster access to recently uploaded artwork here (open the script and append it to the [AlbumURL]).

ToDo / Wishlist
- Index Search when there are multiple artworks. For now it will only fetch the first result for a given search.
- different Artwork (like CD Art)
- actually using the JSON functions (might get tricky, see link above)
- using preview-images instead of downloading full-resolution images for downscaling in the preview

Download
Attached File  Cover_Art_FanartTV.src ( 1.14K ) Number of downloads: 136

Attached File  Cover_Art_FanartTV__Picard_.src ( 1.12K ) Number of downloads: 74

Changelog
* initial Upload
* added second script, Picard and Mp3tag use different field names for the Release Group ID (see here), otherwise same script

This post has been edited by Mihawk90: Dec 30 2016, 03:59
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Romano
post Jan 7 2017, 20:55
Post #2

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 22692
Mp3tag Version: 2.79a

Thank you, i wish more cover art sites were add it to mp3tag.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2017 - 01:42