[REQUEST] Web Source Script for Monstercat

Hello,

Can someone make a script for Monstercat. They upload some awesome electronic music which I download directly from YouTube if someone could make one script like the one made for Beatport. Actually I download most of the songs from YouTube nowadays since the fall of torrent sites. Mp3tag helps me sort them and keep them tidy. Thank you mp3tag.

Edit #1

Do I need to know any programming language like C++ or HTML to write these scripts myself?

You don't need to know any programming, but it helps to understand the concept of loops (do... while) and knowing regex is a big help in some cases. Anyways, the web source framework is geared to process/parse what you see in a typical html source (CTRL+U in Firefox).

Almost everything you need to know is documented: https://docs.mp3tag.de/tag-sources

I first learned how to make my own websources by looking at what other's have done. I attached one of my first websources for Bandcamp, which is pretty brief. It no longer works too well, but I believe it does a decent job showing off the basics. Anyways, the structure of a websource is as follows:

[Search parameters]

[ParserScriptIndex]=... # parse search/index html

[ParserScriptAlbum]=... # parse release html selected from the search/index.html

Bandcamp_example.src (3.3 KB)

Thank you for replying. I guess the forum isn't dead. I'll try that and maybe post a plugin when I have some spare time. Once again thanks! :slight_smile:

QUOTE (ms6676749 @ Jul 28 2017, 21:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't need to know any programming, but it helps to understand the concept of loops (do... while) and knowing regex is a big help in some cases. Anyways, the web source framework is geared to process/parse what you see in a typical html source (CTRL+U in Firefox).

Almost everything you need to know is documented: https://docs.mp3tag.de/tag-sources

I first learned how to make my own websources by looking at what other's have done. I attached one of my first websources for Bandcamp, which is pretty brief. It no longer works too well, but I believe it does a decent job showing off the basics. Anyways, the structure of a websource is as follows:

[Search parameters]

[ParserScriptIndex]=... # parse search/index html

[ParserScriptAlbum]=... # parse release html selected from the search/index.html<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->