Insert Track number into Title

Forgive me if this topic has been covered but i am unable to find it.

I want my songs to appear like this in my MP3 player

01 - song title
02 - song title
03 - song title

etc.

I have not been able to do this. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Well, you probably did not look too thoroughly, I guess. A similar problem is featured in the FAQs:
/t/967/1

You do not quite exactly state, where you want to see this information.

• do want to rename the filename? then use the Converter Tag-Filename with the mask
    %track% - %title%

If you want to modify the tag TITLE then resort to the FAQ-link as stated above, but format the tag (field) %title% with the string

$num(%track%,2) - %title%

ohrenkino, thank you for your assistance in this matter.

The file names are fine as they are. What im trying to do is numericaly list the titles in my mp3 player so i know what track im on.

Previously I had placed $num(%track%,2) - %title% in the "title" columns' fields. while it appeared to do what i intended it never actualy wrote any thing to the title. Thus the songs titles remained unchanged in the mp3 player.

From what I understand from the link you provided i need to create a new action?

the action you describe is:
Action: Format Value
Field: TITEL
Formatstring: $num(%track%,2) - %title%

it should definitly rewrite the title field.
what do you mean with "it appeared to do what i intended"?
if it did change the titles of the songs on your computer and not on the mp3 player, it seems more a problem of updating you player. i have noticed such an behaviour when i update the tags of the files on my ipod directly with mp3tag. ipod only got the new tags when i loaded the songs into damned itunes and played the start of every song there.

So its pretty obvious that I didn't have a clue what i was doing.
I was only changing the visibility of the title column.
Creating a new action is what i was supposed to be doing.
New action has been created and everything is working perfectly.

Thank you ohrenkino and pone for your help.
Was greatly appreciated.