Florian
post Apr 16 2016, 12:29
Post #1

Developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203
Mp3tag Version: 2.84b

I’ve just released Mp3tag v2.76!

Do you know the sensation, that for doing really meaningful work, you have to sometimes reserve some extra time? That you need to create some margin in your day, week or month to be able to address the things you want to think about and create?

I was traveling to Vienna end of march and stayed there for one week. During that week, – besides of spending time with my brother – I found beautiful spots to open my Notebook and work on Mp3tag (at Café Menta, a quiet garden in full spring of the beautiful hotel magdas and the futuristic campus of the business university).

As a result, the main feature of v2.76 is full support for the WAV audio format. This includes support for RIFF INFO tags (which are surprisingly limited) and writing ID3v2 tags (including user-defined fields and cover art) as dedicated RIFF chunks. The new version reads, writes and removes those tags and – as usual – also reports meaningful technical information about the file.

You can download the new version from

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

If you’re using WAV and if you’re excited about this new feature (or if you simply want to drop me a note) I’d love to hear from you.

Enjoy and take care!
– Florian

--------------------
♫ If you like using Mp3tag please donate to support further development.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LaurenBacall
post Apr 17 2016, 19:51
Post #2

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 16524
Mp3tag Version: 2.73

QUOTE (Florian @ Apr 16 2016, 21:29) *
The main feature of v2.76 is full support for the WAV audio format. This includes support for RIFF INFO tags (which are surprisingly limited) and writing ID3v2 tags (including user-defined fields and cover art) as dedicated RIFF chunks. The new version reads, writes and removes those tags and – as usual – also reports meaningful technical information about the file.

This is very interesting news. So I guess this was prompted from some of the recent threads and made its way into a release. Should be interesting to test and see if foobar2000 reads them.

This post has been edited by LaurenBacall: Apr 17 2016, 19:52

+Quote Post
Florian
post Apr 22 2016, 09:10
Post #3

Developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203
Mp3tag Version: 2.84b

Great! Glad you like it smile.gif

QUOTE (LaurenBacall @ Apr 17 2016, 20:51) *
Should be interesting to test and see if foobar2000 reads them.

I guess you've already checked – fb2k reads them w/o problems.

Kind regards
– Florian

--------------------
♫ If you like using Mp3tag please donate to support further development.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2017 - 10:04