IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Export Tags with Discnumber
KHL
post Oct 4 2009, 12:33
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11038
Mp3tag Version: 2.47b

Hello to everybody,

I'm new to this community. This is my very first post and I'd like to ask two questions, please.
As I'm german the attached screenshot shows german columnheaders, sorry...

1) I have a collection of actually some 210 CDs which I now try to tag/rename with Mp3tag, please see attached expandable thumbnail:

As you can see, I list discnumber and path, where the discnumber isn't numerical, as I use e.g. "100.2", "100.3", "100.4" etc. for multiple disc-sets, please see the marked-up titles.
I'd like to export the list including the discnumber, but though I've downloaded and tried any of the posted mte-files, no configuration exported discnumbers at all.
Buth this information is crucial for me, as I want to remove the discnumber from the pathname, as well as "CD 2.18_" etc. from the beginning of the related filenames.

I'm unable to create/edit HTML-codings, so if anybody may be so kind to prepare a .mte for me I'd be more than happy. I don't know how much work is correlated with this task so please excuse if I may ask afterwards to implement the code into an mte whose visual desgin looks best for me.

2) All sampler-CDs list artists and titles as "Marshall & Hain / Dancing In The City" for example.
Is there any chance to tell Mp3tag to crop the text prior to the slash into column "Artist" and the text after the slash into column "Title" so I'd get "Marshall & Hain" as artist and "Dancing In The City" as title? This would save me LOTS of hours of manual renaming.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Cheers
Karl-Heinz
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chrisjj
post Oct 4 2009, 12:55
Post #2

Member No.: 2273
Mp3tag Version: -

> I'd like to export the list including the discnumber

Add %discnumber% to a .mte.

> Is there any chance to tell Mp3tag to crop the text prior to the slash into column "Artist" and the
> text after the slash into column "Title"

Action Type "Guess values" does this.

+Quote Post
KHL
post Oct 5 2009, 19:10
Post #3

Member No.: 11038
Mp3tag Version: 2.47b

Hi Chris,

thanks for your immediate help.

I really could add the discnumber column into a .mte, though I thought I couldn't, thank you. After reading the help-file I even was able to extract artist/title information into the appropriate columns.

Thanks again.
Karl-Heinz

+Quote Post
chrisjj
post Oct 5 2009, 19:42
Post #4

Member No.: 2273
Mp3tag Version: -

You're welcome! Good luck.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 08:05