2.83 windows 10 cannot connect to any online source

Hi I have windows 10 and my mp3 files on a nas. (i have also tried editing a local file). I have ran the app as administrator, none of the online databases connect:

The error points to a dns issue but my internet access is fine:

freedb: the server failed to return a valid query response code
discogs & discogid" failed to authenticate using oauth (1). the server name or address could not be resolved.

musicbrainz, the server name or address could not be resolved.

i am using 8.8.8.8 for my dns server. Internet access/dns resolution is fine otherwise.

Maybe MP3Tag has no internet access.
You can test this by checking for a new version within MP3Tag.

I believe you are correct, checking for updates returns nothing. However I have disabled all forms of AV and firewall as a test, it does not connect to the internet. Everything else on my pc connects fine.

I believe you are correct, checking for updates returns nothing. However I have disabled all forms of AV and firewall as a test, it does not connect to the internet. Everything else on my pc connects fine.

almost the the same problem here running windows xp sp3.

the following messages appear:

discogs: Failed to authenticate using Oauth (1). >>87: Open failed
discogs_release_id: same as above
discogs_pone: same as above
musicbrainz: Fehler beim Verbinden zum Server: misicbrainz.org >>87: Open failed
freedb: The server failed to return a valid queary response code

these errors first appeared with version 2.83c and are still there with version 2.83e.
going back to version 2.83b everything is just perfect.

btw: endless thanks yous to Florian and the members of the amazing forum/support for this unsurpassed masterpiece of a software.

hope someone can help
B. Müller

I am not sure if this is really the same thing.
Check out this thread: /t/17768/1

Apparently the TLS version is not supported by windows xp. So this could be one of the problems.

Is there a different TLS version used in 2.83b - which works perfectly - and 2.83e - which doesn't work at all?

Curiuos
B. Müller

I used all 283 versions and and am using version "e" now and I never had any of these problems.

As I said: the discogs server got changed back then.
I have to rely on your statement about the versions although they are not plausible.
As your setup does not meet a basic pre-condition, it is very difficult to do any further debugging - this also in the light of poster poster's post that he does not get any errors.

My problem persists with version 2.83f, which i just installed. still the same error messages as posted above.

Quote ohrenkino:
"Apparently the TLS version is not supported by windows xp. So this could be one of the problems. "

the TLS 1.2 was introduced in 2016, mptag 2.83b was released LATER in 2017, and version 2.83b is (still) working perfectly.

"I have to rely on your statement about the versions..."

You can rely on the versions (and error messages) posted above. the only version, which wasn't correct, was the one in my profile - think it was 2.47.

Quote poster:
"I used all 283 versions and and am using version "e" now and I never had any of these problems"

Are you using windows XP SP3?

Sorry for my quite "individual" use of quotes and thanks for yor patience and help.

B. Müller

Well, the TLS version is something installed on the Discogs server (and possibly the other ones as well) and is a feature of the way that Windows access the internet.
So changing the MP3tag version will not help a lot.

So I think it is back to check the local environment first: what does the basic internet access check reveal? Can MP3tag access the internet? Do you get a message box when you look for updates?

with version 2.84a everything is working fine again and i'm a happy man.

thank you Florian and thank you forum.

Thanks for your patience. It was a tricky issue and based on your description I probably should have spotted it earlier — glad that it's working now for you!

Kind regards
– Florian

Florian, my patience hasn't been strained at all, because version 2.83b was working smoothly.

Thanks again for your help.

B. Müller

A post was split to a new topic: WSS: The time limit for the operation has been reached - Error 12002