IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> REQUEST: option for "saving" current state and clearing history, Stop users from re-opening / re-loading
Zerow
post Jul 13 2017, 22:05
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 20375
Mp3tag Version: 2.84

Recently I have made a suggestion concerning the CTRL + Z and the filter box: https://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=22666

And now I have another issue with its inner workings and with how overall settings are saved

When I perform complex / long operation, be it manually or with actions, I can go so far that I need to "save" the current state, just to be sure that I do not accidentally press the wrong shortcut [CTRL + Z] and thus loose unknown amount of work. So to do that I can either reload files or close and reopen Mp3tag and then load the files. And often I just have to choose the second option because I added new actions or columns in the main window or fields in the Tag Panel and I need to have them secured. Because if Mp3tag crashes such changes will not reappear when I reopen it- settings will be taken from the point of the first opening

And no- you cannot right now save settings. You can choose "Save configuration" in the File drop down menu, but that is a totally misleading description, as in a mater of fact it export settings. Saving of configuration happens when Mp3tag is being closed. So why not give an option to actually save settings without closing of the software? Most of the time I work on my whole collection- so I have to wait ~15 seconds until they are re-loaded from RAM; just because for example I added or changed some action. And the alternative, in form of creating 10 or 20 ZIP files from one day with upgraded configuration, is also not very user friendly

So maybe both an icon for clearing history of changes [for wiping the steps that can be reverted with CTRL + Z] plus a real "Save configuration" option aside "Export configuration" [the former "Save configuration" option] in the File menu could be added?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ohrenkino
post Jul 17 2017, 06:01
Post #2

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11458
Mp3tag Version: 2.84d

If it is a list of files that you want to get back: save the currently loaded files as playlist and load that one for further processing.

--------------------
42 - wie war die Frage / what was the question / quelle était la question
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:35