> [WS] Last.fm, web sources script
Big_Berny
post Apr 16 2010, 22:25
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 12267
Mp3tag Version: 2.46a

Hi,
just installed MP3Tag and I'm quite happy with it. Anyhow I'm missing a feature from a mediamonkey script: Importing genre based on last.fm.

This script almost fits my needs but I still miss two features:
1. A whitelist with allowed genres: As tags sometimes doesn't are the genre of the artist it would be useful if we could define a list with genres we want. So it should the most used tag which is included in your whitelist. If the most used tag isn't in the whitelist it should check the second most used tag instead and so on.

2. Modify tags: Sometimes the genres are wrote differenty like RnB and R'n'B. So it would be nice that we could additionally to the whitelist define some tags which should be replaced.

In the MediaMonkey script it's implemented like this: the whitelist conatins "Electro,Pop,Hip-Hop,Rap=Hip-Hop,...". So allowed genres are Electro, Pop and Hip-Hop while Rap should be replaced by Hip-Hop.

Is this possible? I know VBScript but unfortunately this script language works quite differently and you can't use your own variables, right?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DetlevD
post Apr 17 2010, 06:36
Post #17

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3194
Mp3tag Version: 2.81b

QUOTE (Big_Berny @ Apr 16 2010, 23:25) *
Hi, just installed MP3Tag and I'm quite happy with it. Anyhow I'm missing a feature ... Importing genre based on last.fm. ... A whitelist with allowed genres .... Modify tags: Sometimes the genres are wrote differenty like RnB and R'n'B. So it would be nice that we could additionally to the whitelist define some tags which should be replaced. ... "Electro,Pop,Hip-Hop,Rap=Hip-Hop,...". So allowed genres are Electro, Pop and Hip-Hop while Rap should be replaced by Hip-Hop. ...

Hi Big_Berny, just being a new user of Mp3tag you have to learn how to apply the general functionalities and the specialities of Mp3tag.
Mp3tag offers a bunch of tools to make tagging life easier.
If it goes to special user wishes, which are easy to solve within other open scripting languages, then often it leads to rather complicated think-around-the corner constructions.

Beside some ready to use "Convert" and "Action" dialogs, Mp3tag has it's own scripting language to solve specific user defined tasks. You know VBScript and the learning curve will be not so steap.

Although Mp3tag does not support any white or black lists as you need it, you can use Mp3tag scripting language to make your own lookup function.
If you need a "Variable", then create a user defined tag field with a name of your will, e. g. by using an action "Format value", and fill the tag field with content as you will.
If you want to destroy the variable, then use an action "Remove tag fields".
There is also an action "Import from textfile", which can import a complete text file into a tag field.

Back to your current problem ... you need a lookup table with two columns.
Column1 has the search item (the key), column2 has the target value (the value).

There are examples how you can solve your problem ...
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=5025
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=6472&

Good luck!

DD.20100417.0736.CEST

--------------------
* Beyond that, don't ask, when you don't know what to do with the answer. *
♥ home is where the heart is ♥

+Quote Post
Big_Berny
post Apr 17 2010, 08:59
Post #18

Member No.: 12267
Mp3tag Version: 2.46a

Thanks a lot for your answer.

It looks a bit more complicated than the VBScript-solution from MediaMonkey but I'll try it out next week.

Thanks
Big_Berny

+Quote Post
PhonoDog
post Sep 12 2011, 20:38
Post #19

Member No.: 15238
Mp3tag Version: 2.49

Hi,
I placed the script in place you specify, however, it does not appear in the source ... Is it a problem of software version (2.49)?
If you could help me it would be really nice!
thank you in advance:)

+Quote Post
PhonoDog
post Sep 12 2011, 21:37
Post #20

Member No.: 15238
Mp3tag Version: 2.49

I managed to get it working finally, I wonder if we can use it more automatic (because an artist by artist with my 50,000 tracks ... it's long).You know like doing something for select all your tracks and making the script auto scan for the artist top genre for all artists ?

This post has been edited by PhonoDog: Sep 12 2011, 21:47

+Quote Post
sivaram2
post Jun 23 2013, 04:31
Post #21

Member No.: 18065
Mp3tag Version: 2.51

Hello,

Thank you Dano for making this script. While this does use the Last.fm API, it's not exactly what I have been looking for. I have searched through this forum as well as on other sites looking to see if there was a mp3tag extension which copied Artist, Album, and Track metadata from Last.fm, as opposed to just genre tags. So essentially, if there is an mp3tag extension which pulls all of an album's data from Last.fm, could you link me to it?

If such an extension does not exist, is it possible to make one, or is there some technical limitation in this regard?

Thanks for your help!

sivaram2

+Quote Post
mbaa3
post Aug 20 2015, 22:36
Post #22

Member No.: 3485

ZITAT(dano @ Nov 9 2007, 11:50) *
* Use first 3 (or more) artist top tags as genre[/i]

Mein von Dir angepasstes Script "Last.fm#Top Tags 3 Genres_to_FILETYPE" funktioniert nicht mehr. Hat last.fm etwas geändert? Auch "Import Artist picture as cover (big)" geht nicht mehr.

This post has been edited by mbaa3: Aug 20 2015, 22:41

+Quote Post
billzkid
post Aug 21 2015, 08:28
Post #23

Member No.: 21105
Mp3tag Version: 2.65

Last.fm changed their site and their API wasn't working for a few days, but now it actually works it just doesn't match any artists.

Can someone more capable than me, check if they've chaned the API?

+Quote Post
mbaa3
post Aug 21 2015, 11:32
Post #24

Ich verstehe den letzten Satz so: Kann jemand, der fähiger ist als ich, überprüfen, ob die API geändert wurde?

+Quote Post
billzkid
post Aug 21 2015, 11:51
Post #25

Member No.: 21105

Yes smile.gif

+Quote Post
heisubo
post Aug 23 2015, 17:40
Post #26

Member No.: 6258
Mp3tag Version: 2.37d

ZITAT(dano @ Nov 9 2007, 11:50) *
* Use first 3 (or more) artist top tags as genre[/i]

Hallo Dano,
das o. g. Script funktioniert seit einigen Tagen nicht mehr. Liegt es an mir oder wurde die API von LastFm geändert? Dein Script wurde über 4000mal heruntergeladen. Es müssten also viele User ein ähnliches Problem haben. Im Forum habe ich darauf keinen Hinweis gefunden. Lieber Dano, würdest Du Dein Script 'mal überprüfen?
Gruß Susanne

This post has been edited by heisubo: Aug 23 2015, 17:42

+Quote Post
fuzzed
post Oct 8 2015, 10:29
Post #27

Member No.: 20106

First of all, thanks for making this script Dano I absolutely love it! Been using it forever now and made tagging so much better!

It is however still not working sadly sad.gif

Anyone have any idea how to get it working again, missing it very much.

Regards,

Fuzzed walkman.gif

+Quote Post
mbaa3
post Oct 18 2015, 13:53
Post #28

ZITAT(fuzzed @ Oct 8 2015, 11:29) *
... thanks for making this script Dano I absolutely love it! ...

Ich möchte mich nochmal in Erinnerung bringen mit meiner Frage nach einer neuen Version lastfm.zip. Ist es so, dass lediglich die Schnittstelle von lastfm einseitig geändert wurde oder dass überhaupt kein Zugriff auf die lastfm-Datenbank möglich ist. Kann jemals mit einem neuen Script Use first 3 (or more) artist top tags as genre gerechnet werden?

+Quote Post
Woody
post Aug 15 2016, 20:13
Post #29

Member No.: 892

QUOTE (mbaa3 @ Oct 18 2015, 14:53) *
Kann jemals mit einem neuen Script Use first 3 (or more) artist top tags as genre gerechnet werden?

Für Picard gibt es ein Plugin, das drei Genres unterstützt und intern mit der last.fm API v2.0 arbeitet. Download (Letztes Update: v0.14 vom 25. Nov. 2015)

Angenehmer Seiteneffekt: Man umgeht die Probleme mit dem MusicBrainz Web Source Script

Da ich auch weiterhin das Web Source Script für Metal Archives nutzen will bzw. muss, weil es kein MA Plugin für Picard zu geben scheint, ist es zumindest für mich ein sowohl-als-auch: Erst Picard, dann mp3tag - leider

+Quote Post
Bongo110
post Nov 7 2016, 09:50
Post #30

Member No.: 22696
Mp3tag Version: 2.79

Hello, uisng mp3tag 2.79 and wants to update also the genre tag with last.fm.
Unfortunaltely last.fm script does not work any longer.
Any update is appreciated.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2017 - 22:39