IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [X] TTA's sometimes do not display tags in Winamp, TTA Audio Decoder does not display existing tag field values
Zerow
post Sep 22 2017, 18:54
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 20375
Mp3tag Version: 2.86

I am using TTA Audio Decoder v3.5 (x86) plugin for Winamp 5.666 on Windows 7 x64

And I have noticed that sometimes [for approximately 25% of files] tags are not shown in Winamp. But those tags are visible in Mp3tag; they can even be copied to a file bearing the exact same filename but in other format [when they become visible A-OK]. But in Winamp they are completely absent. Nothing is displayed either in the Plylist window, File Info Components or on the left side [where the control buttons are]; also no metadata is shown when I click the "scrolling title" [because nothing is nothing scrolling because there is no title, just a bare filename and not what I have required via the Advanced Tittle Formatting option]

And I just cannot see any pattern. I have checked out if diacritic signs can be the issue and if a name of a folder is to blame. I ruled out both the possibility of a file being corrupted and the name of the file being the issue by converting such TTA "without" tags to WAV, cutting it in half, saving it with a different name and converting the data once more to TTA- after coping the "invisilble" tags to that new one from the original they were still not shown; but when I copied to that new [cut in half] TTA file tags from some working TTA file [from that group of ~75% that has no issues] such tags were shown

I just cannot figure this out. Some cases are extremely strange- in that the were created a bunch of TTA files in the same session, like for the same album- and so they have very similar tag values in them and yet some files are shown exactly as they should be and some completely disregards my tag

This most likely is not the fault of Mp3tag; unless some weird combination of tag fields values and of filename is causing this and unless in case of TTA format something is not shown via the Extended Tags icon [and also is not purged with my cleaning action that leaves only the data in tag fields listed by me, thus wiping out everything from every field not used by me - because I see nothing extraordinary under the Extended Tags when I check those not properly working files]. But maybe there was a similar issue with some other format somewhere in the past; and so someone can point me to a possible right direction with this? [Yes, I am already posting this bug also on the Winamp forum]

I use FLAC, MP3, WV and lately TTA. And only the TTA'a has this issue; and only around 1/4 of them

This post has been edited by Zerow: Sep 22 2017, 18:56
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 11:25