IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "File Cannot Be Opened For Writing", FLAC files
Craig B.
post May 15 2017, 23:43
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 23423
Mp3tag Version: 2.82

I was a little confused about what to do at first, and how to do it, but I made a start. I looked at Read-only on the USB Hard Drive and found that unchecking the Read-only box doesn't make changes to sub-subfolders. As I kept going into subfolders, I found what had to be done everywhere else.

Then I looked into Permissions and found something to try. I set the permissions on the entire USB Hard Drive to Full under my User. It was already set to Full under Administrator, but the changes to Read-only and to my User Permissions seems to have fixed the problem.

This made me take a look at the NAS and I found that some of the files were set to Read-only, so I'm changing them all. Then I'll have a look at Permissions there as well. I guess this should prevent future copies from having issues.

Guess I'll have to look at the PC after that.

Thanks for working with us!

This post has been edited by Craig B.: May 15 2017, 23:45
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ohrenkino
post May 16 2017, 06:06
Post #17

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11458
Mp3tag Version: 2.83k

Apparently, you have found a number of issues in your OS environment in respect to ownership and read-only flags.
You remedy these issues with the OS utilities - so this did not have to do anything with MP3tag. MP3tag was only the messenger: it reported that files could not be opened for writing (for whatever reason).
As the previous posts addressed write protection and access rights (it is generally not enough to be admin on a machine, you have to be the owner or access rights have to be set in such a way that "everyone" has full rights - which you might not want) I added the possibility of temporarily blocking programs (whereas the OS stuff usually leads to a permanent block).
But all these circumstances can only be seen locally - and you checked locally, so everything is fine now, I think.

--------------------
42 - wie war die Frage / what was the question / quelle était la question

+Quote Post
Craig B.
post May 16 2017, 10:20
Post #18

Group: Members
Member No.: 23423
Mp3tag Version: 2.82

QUOTE (ohrenkino @ May 16 2017, 00:06) *
...so everything is fine now, I think.

I've checked all music files everywhere for Read-only and Permissions, and tested many of the files in MP3Tag. I think all is well now.

Thanks for making me think about everything that could have been an issue!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2017 - 07:12