SayRegexp Problem

Using this regexp: (for websource parsing)

sayregexp "(?<=\"artists\" data-aid=\"(\d+)\">)[^<]+ ", " "trk-list-cont"

Code for testing (using :mt_ttt:)

(?<=\"artists\" data-aid=\"(\d+)\">)[^<]+

I'm trying to seperate the artists from the following code example.

<a href="/artist/artist 1" class="artists" data-aid="392805">Artist 1</a><a href="/artist/artist 2" class="artists" data-aid="3805">Artist 2</a>trk-list-cont

To result in:

Artist 1, Artist 2

As you can see the digits are the non fixed width. Only it returns an Invalid lookbehind error. Which is down to the regexp language used by Mp3tag (I think), so.. .

1. Any workaround for this?
  2. What regexp language does Mp3tag use as .NET regexp can take advantage of non fixed widths inside lookarounds.
  1. Maybe KillTag can be of help here?

killtag "a"
    killtag "/a" ", "

2. Mp3tag uses boost::regex which doesn't support non-fixed widths inside lookbehind.

Kind regards
– Florian

Or maybe do a regexpreplace for the data-aid value to make them all uniform if you don't need those identifiers anymore. Could be numbers or letters, whatever you choose. Here, I'm going to swap those digits with a string of zeroes:

regexpreplace "(class="artists" data-aid=")\d+" "${1}00000"

<a href="/artist/artist 1" class="artists" data-aid="392805">Artist 1</a><a href="/artist/artist 2" class="artists" data-aid="3805">Artist 2</a>trk-list-cont

to

<a href="/artist/artist 1" class="artists" data-aid="00000">Artist 1</a><a href="/artist/artist 2" class="artists" data-aid="00000">Artist 2</a>trk-list-cont

Now, you have don't have non-fixed lengths to worry about.

QUOTE (Florian @ Jul 1 2017, 19:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Maybe KillTag can be of help here?
killtag "a"
killtag "/a" ", "
  1. Mp3tag uses boost::regex which doesn't support non-fixed widths inside lookbehind.

Kind regards
– Florian

Thanks. I've never actually had to use killtag before. I'll try see if I can make use of it. I've used the solution as below.

I suppose there's no furture plans to migrate to .NET regex?

Thanks. Yeah, that's exactly what I've been doing for years. Just wanted to see if there was a headon solution.

My solution: (is to enable fixed length lookbehind)
regexpreplace "("artists" data-aid=")\d+" "$1albumartist_fix"

Yeah, yours makes the most sense when targeting %albumartist%.