IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> REQUEST: Night mode button, Change white to grey
Zerow
post Sep 20 2017, 20:50
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 20375
Mp3tag Version: 2.84

I guess that probably most of the users have the Mp3tag set to a full size of the screen. And that their main window, the list of files, is white [which comes from the settings of the OS]

And I also guess that those who happen to have a big screen, have the same problem as mine: too much bright light in the middle of the night. You may be finishing some audio / tagging work and want to go to sleep- but instead of slowing your brain down with a dark environment, you are sitting in front of a mostly white screen. Or even worse: you cannot fall to sleep, so you get up to turn on the computer to play something [in hopes that maybe it will put you down to sleep]; and then you enter the OS and then Mp3tag and then you end up with an effect like in the beginning of that scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRRNzK58ttw. For me it is simply a pain to my eyes, even with my screen set to ECO [dimmed] settings- I have to quickly manually switch my Mp3tag from my default fullscreen mode to a windowed one and make it [the whole Mp3tag] much smaller [so that I would mostly see my black wallpaper but still have access to Filter Box or whatever]

And I know I have a sleeping disorder but I also had my eyes checked recently- so it not theirs fault

So I would like to request a button for the night mode. It could simply change automatically all the whites to greys. Although this could potentially render some elements invisible / indistinguishable [depending on the rest on the settings of a given OS]. So maybe a user should have a choice to what exact color the whites should be changed. And if not all of the whites, then at least the white in the main window [the background for list of files]

And here is an example of such simplistic version: http://www.dreamviews.com/forum.php. This [dreams driven] site has a simple switch at its top than changes the "main" white to grey, very handy for the nightly readers. And yes, I know that webpages run on HTML / PHP / CSS and Mp3tag does not, but the basic principal is the same- to start displaying a grey in the main / biggest area of the software; and to be as easily able to go back
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ohrenkino
post Sep 20 2017, 20:56
Post #2

Member No.: 11458
Mp3tag Version: 2.84c

My graphics adapter comes with a control panel that allows me so set contrast and brightness and save the settings and load them back again...
I see the task in that application.

--------------------
42 - wie war die Frage / what was the question / quelle était la question

+Quote Post
ragtag
post Sep 21 2017, 04:38
Post #3

Member No.: 17578
Mp3tag Version: 2.84a

You could consider too, f.lux, to see if it fits your need: f.lux

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 08:51