Global Command for the Comments Field

Hello,

Is there any way I can globally copy the "Comments" field to ALL of the MP3 tracks within a given folder or directory, without having to hit Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Crtl+N for each and every track?

For instance, I want to copy an LP Matrix number, say "MCA 17794 LP" to ALL of the tracks in the directory, since they come from the same LP or CD. Is there any way to do that?

thanks...

Just select all files [Ctrl+A], set all fields on the tag panel to < keep > (will be done automatically) and enter "MCA 17794 LP" at the comment field.

Then press the :mt_save: Save tag button and enjoy :slight_smile:

Best regards,
~ Florian

Hey, thanks for your response.

Yeah but the problem is I already have all the other fields filled with the info I want to keep after I converted all the tags from the filename.

How do I do that without erasing everything else with "< keep >"?

Have you tried it? < keep > just means that the tag info is kept as it is when you save the tags, it doesn't overwrite anything.

I use Lamedrop 3.97beta to encode the WAVE files to MP3. Unfortunately, in the comments field, it's listed as "Encoded with Lamedrop 3.97beta" with each and every MP3. It automatically does this globally by default after I convert the filename to a tag.

The "< keep >" indicator is gone due to this.

Since I can't prevent Lamedrop from doing this (and it's a great little converter), I was wondering how I can globally change it AFTER I've converted all the other fields from filename to tag?

Or is there a way to default just this one field (comments field) before I convert the rest of the filename to a tag?

If you're using Mp3tag in another language than English you have to use the entry corresponding to "< keep >" from the drop-down list of the fields in the tag panel (e.g. "< beibehalten >" in german).

Best regards,
~ Florian

Well I'm only using the English version.

So how would I globally change just this one field (the comments field) while perserving everything else after the filename to tag conversion?

Or is there no other way other than the way to do it, other than the way I mentioned in my original post?

Sorry if I'm not being clear on all this.

Well, Florian explained it already - and the FAQs as well.

After running the Filename - Tag conversion, select all files, choose "< keep >" for Title, Artist, Album, etc. and for Comment, type in "MCA 17794 LP". After that, save the tags clicking on the :mt_save: icon from the toolbar.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.... :stuck_out_tongue:

That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

I appreciate that and thanks for your patience. :rolleyes: