IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Automatic language selection in installer
aax
post Apr 16 2017, 01:49
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 16700
Mp3tag Version: 2.81

While that automatic language selection in the installer is a smart feature, it's kind of annoying for users like me, who prefer to use programs in English even though we're not native speakers. So the ideal solution would be to have the language selection screen in the installer but with the system language pre-selected, so you get the best of both worlds.

Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal, but it has introduced this annoying behaviour, which has unfortunately been deemed not a bug, and is impossible to fix for an average user without asking for help in the forum.

So, could you please either add language selection to the installer or fix this "no bug" bug.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ohrenkino
post Apr 16 2017, 11:28
Post #2

Member No.: 11458
Mp3tag Version: 2.81c

ZITAT(aax @ Apr 16 2017, 02:49) *
...So, could you please either add language selection to the installer or fix this "no bug" bug.

Please consider the following:

either you have a fresh installation for which you can easily change the language from within MP3tag.

Or you have an update installation and for that the column and tag panel definitions would not be touched anyway. So you would not loose anything.

--------------------
42 - wie war die Frage / what was the question / quelle était la question

+Quote Post
Florian
post Apr 16 2017, 14:45
Post #3

Developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203
Mp3tag Version: 2.81c

QUOTE (aax @ Apr 16 2017, 02:49) *
So the ideal solution would be to have the language selection screen in the installer but with the system language pre-selected, so you get the best of both worlds.

I agree – this would be ideal! I've spent almost one day trying to figure out this solution in combination with the newly added admin elevation – unfortunately without success.

The issue is, that admin elevation now results in two distinct processes where the language selection screen was displayed for the initial and the elevated process. This was really annoying and I decided to automatically detect the installer and Mp3tag language based on the system language.

I'll keep a note on my internal wish list in case I want to try to tackle this again with more of a beginners mind.

Kind regards
– Florian

--------------------
♫ If you like using Mp3tag please donate to support further development.

+Quote Post
zerow
post Apr 18 2017, 18:24
Post #4

Member No.: 20375
Mp3tag Version: 2.79

QUOTE (aax @ Apr 16 2017, 02:49) *
While that automatic language selection in the installer is a smart feature, it's kind of annoying for users like me, who prefer to use programs in English even though we're not native speakers[...]
What operating system are you using?

I had no problem on Windows 7 x64 in setting English as my primary language but with non-english keyboard. And as such, I only sometimes has to switch from my native to English during installation or after it [because software most likely looks at the selected keyboard of the OS and assumes that this is the preferred language, to my dislike]; but it is not the case of Mp3tag, which displays its installation process in English to me

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2017 - 18:45