Zerow
post Feb 27 2015, 10:27
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 20375
Mp3tag Version: 2.86

Hello

I'm looking for some unusual information

I need to make a tag system of categories / genres, that would give me a proper music to listen to when playing a given scenario / planes / locations in a rele-playing game; both tabletop and video, both fantasy and modern / s-f

I'm not looking for titles of songs, for names of artists, or titles of albums, but just the suggestions for the list of categories. Something basic like "dungeons", "villages" or "battle" or "night", but not as specific as "lava dungeons", "tribal villages", "epic underwater battle" or "night in seaport"; in the end summing up to 10-25 "genres"

Long story short, I've already did this two times, but now I'm doing it all over again from scratch. And the problem is that I don't wanna do this the fourth time or make any changes after the tag system is set and running- so it has to be ultimate, meaning without errors, doubts or whatever inaccuracies

So after making my own list, I've googled this subject for with different phrases. But all I got was 2-3 list of such kind, that gave me something to chew on; and 2-3 pieces of software generating music / sounds for RGPs. And also I've looked at stock music detabeses. Unfortunately most of the time all I got was playlists, name of artists list of RPG genres [and not RPG music genres] and of course list / databeses of music well know genres like "tribal" and "rock"

So as I want to have more data so I have two questions:

1] Do you use such an RPG oriented tag system that you could share? Or at least something similar [moods genres, association with places or thoughts / feelings]?

2] Aside from RPG forums, where or how can I look further for that kind of genres lists?

Any information near this subject or a simple suggestion is potentially helpful. Because I'm still thinking about my almost ready to use list and things like "do I use >>villages<< or >>tribal<<" or should there be sub-genres
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DetlevD
post Feb 27 2015, 10:57
Post #2

Member No.: 3194
Mp3tag Version: 2.85

QUOTE (zerow @ Feb 27 2015, 10:27) *
... I need to make a tag system of categories / genres, that would give me a proper music to listen to when playing a given scenario / planes / locations in a rele-playing game; both tabletop and video, both fantasy and modern / s-f ...
Aside from RPG forums, where or how can I look further for that kind of genres lists? ...

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollenspiel_(Spiel)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game
... see also other wiki languages ... maybe you will find some inspiration.

DD.20150227.1057.CET

--------------------
* Beyond that, don't ask, when you don't know what to do with the answer. *
♥ home is where the heart is ♥

+Quote Post
Zerow
post Mar 1 2015, 18:35
Post #3

QUOTE (DetlevD @ Feb 27 2015, 10:57) *
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollenspiel_(Spiel)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game
... see also other wiki languages ... maybe you will find some inspiration.

It didn't help at all

But I've found another list like mine by searching more of the same. I also read some articles about RPG music at large

I think the only way is just to start using the beta version; adding new [genre] names if a need for one will pop out. And then eventually I will add an order to the list other than alphabetical [or retain it]- and make it ultimate [unchangeable] by placing a code number for each category

But the problem would be the additions of new genres, because they would most likely imply a split / modification of an already existing one

+Quote Post
Zerow
post Jan 4 2018, 16:33
Post #4

QUOTE (zerow @ Mar 1 2015, 18:35) *
[...]
I think the only way is just to start using the beta version; adding new [genre] names if a need for one will pop out. And then eventually I will add an order to the list other than alphabetical [or retain it]- and make it ultimate [unchangeable] by placing a code number for each category

But the problem would be the additions of new genres, because they would most likely imply a split / modification of an already existing one
Yes; that's double yes

After using it for a while what I already got, I was able to adjust the list. And then again

Unfortunately on both those occasions I had to [more or less thoroughly] go back through already evaluated files

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 00:04