Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [WS] vgmdb, videogame music
infocynic
post Jan 11 2016, 23:26
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 21588
Mp3tag Version: 2.73

I am not the original script author, and I have tested this on exactly one album so far. But it's a really simple change you can all make yourselves and report any problems and maybe I'll post an updated version.

Go to the directory where you installed the script originally. Make a copy of any script you're changing (either move it to a new folder or you can just rename the one you change as BETA or something).

This is for the "VGMDB Search by Album" version 0.4 originally dated Jan 2 2013.

Open your favorite text editor. On line 88 you should see a section "coverurl". We're going to change that section down to where the comment #set coverurl is. Replace with this block:

CODE
# Coverurl
outputto "coverurl"
findline "id=\"coverart\""
findinline "background-image: url("
if "'"
    movechar 1
    sayuntil "'"
endif

# set "coverurl"

Save the file. You don't need to restart mp3tag if it's already running, but do at least cancel any open dialogs.

If you find a non-working example, please include the album title, the URL to find it at VGMDB, and a brief description or screenshot of what fields you are getting and what fields are blank.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
secondsabre
post Feb 13 2016, 07:09
Post #62

Member No.: 21722
Mp3tag Version: 2.73

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the script scrape the track numbers and appropriate disc numbers.

When I try to run a multi-disc batch through the script, it never grabs disc numbers, and the track numbers don't reset for the separate discs. It looks something like:

CODE
Original Disc/Track   -   New Disc/Track
Disc 1/Track 37           No Disc/Track 37
Disc 1/Track 38           No Disc/Track 38
Disc 2/Track 1            No Disc/Track 39
Disc 2/Track 2            No Disc/Track 40
etc etc                   etc etc

I looked through the script and XML, and it looks like it would be possible, but I don't really know enough about scripting to make it *do the work*. I'd also assume it would need some sort of counting/math function to determine what the total number of discs or tracks are, but that seems like gravy. Just raw numbers, like Disc 3/Track 6 would be great.

I looked through a few other scripts for reference, and it seems like most of them don't even grab those values, so I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I figured I'd ask. Would very much appreciate any help with this, thanks in advance.

+Quote Post
Kareha
post Feb 14 2016, 18:25
Post #63

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 10247
Mp3tag Version: 2.52a

QUOTE (infocynic @ Jan 11 2016, 22:26) *
I am not the original script author, and I have tested this on exactly one album so far. But it's a really simple change you can all make yourselves and report any problems and maybe I'll post an updated version.

Go to the directory where you installed the script originally. Make a copy of any script you're changing (either move it to a new folder or you can just rename the one you change as BETA or something).

This is for the "VGMDB Search by Album" version 0.4 originally dated Jan 2 2013.

Open your favorite text editor. On line 88 you should see a section "coverurl". We're going to change that section down to where the comment #set coverurl is. Replace with this block:

CODE
# Coverurl
outputto "coverurl"
findline "id=\"coverart\""
findinline "background-image: url("
if "'"
    movechar 1
    sayuntil "'"
endif

# set "coverurl"

Save the file. You don't need to restart mp3tag if it's already running, but do at least cancel any open dialogs.

If you find a non-working example, please include the album title, the URL to find it at VGMDB, and a brief description or screenshot of what fields you are getting and what fields are blank.

Just wondering what this change does?

+Quote Post
Redsama
post May 18 2017, 02:06
Post #64

Member No.: 23435
Mp3tag Version: 2.82

The script is broken from my end.
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Redsama: May 18 2017, 02:07

+Quote Post
MDA999
post Jul 9 2017, 17:32
Post #65

Member No.: 23621
Mp3tag Version: 2.77

The script doesn't work anymore, same problem as Redsama. May there be an update?

+Quote Post
MDA999
post Jul 9 2017, 17:55
Post #66

Member No.: 23621
Mp3tag Version: 2.77

QUOTE (MDA999 @ Jul 9 2017, 18:32) *
The script doesn't work anymore, same problem as Redsama. May there be an update?

https://gist.github.com/PBXg33k/7b80a86d53b922f0873a This one works pretty good. smile.gif

+Quote Post
apples
post Aug 2 2017, 11:07
Post #67

Member No.: 23720
Mp3tag Version: 2.83

this website made an api for vgmdb. (i think they mirrored the site and made an api)

http://vgmdb.info/
https://github.com/hufman/vgmdb

im not good with scripts, but maybe it can be used for this script. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by apples: Aug 2 2017, 11:12

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2017 - 16:27