IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [X] Language problem
Pignick
post Mar 14 2017, 10:09
Post #1


Member


Group: Members
Posts: 2
Joined: 14-March 17
Member No.: 23184
Mp3tag Version: 2.81a



When I updated Mp3Tag (portable) to latest version v2.81, installer changed the language to Finnish. Well, I'm in Finland, so that's correct, but I prefer English. Opened language options, changed to English and restarted Mp3Tag...but some of the UI is still in Finnish. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling (updated to latest beta v2.81a), but still the same problem. Bug?

Btw, I'm using Win7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit (English installation)

Attached Image
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
ohrenkino
post Mar 16 2017, 07:15
Post #2


Member


Group: Full Members
Posts: 8285
Joined: 9-December 09
From: Norddeutschland / Northern Germany
Member No.: 11458
Mp3tag Version: 2.81b



ZITAT(Pignick @ Mar 14 2017, 10:09) *
When I updated Mp3Tag (portable) to latest version v2.81, installer changed the language to Finnish. Well, I'm in Finland, so that's correct, but I prefer English. Opened language options, changed to English and restarted Mp3Tag...but some of the UI is still in Finnish. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling (updated to latest beta v2.81a), but still the same problem. Bug?

Btw, I'm using Win7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit (English installation)

I think that the objects in the tag panel are user defined ones and their definition is saved in the mp3tag.ini.
So if you have once used the Finish version and created the objects then this definition is saved in a file that does not get overwritten with a new installation or changing the GUI language.
You would have to edit your tag panel settings: first delete the extra objects, then re-create them.

The same applies to the column headers: they are stored in the file columns.ini which does not get updated ... as you can have any quantity of user-defined columns with more or less any heading as column definition. Once you have defined your own columns, MP3tag cannot tell the difference between initially delivered columns definitions and user-defined ones. So it takes all the definitions as user-defined.

You would have to rename the column headers by yourself.
Or you delete all the files for user-defined settings and start from scratch.

This post has been edited by ohrenkino: Mar 16 2017, 07:18


--------------------
42 - wie war die Frage / what was the question / quelle était la question
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Pignick
post Mar 16 2017, 09:40
Post #3


Member


Group: Members
Posts: 2
Joined: 14-March 17
Member No.: 23184
Mp3tag Version: 2.81a



QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Mar 16 2017, 08:15) *
Or you delete all the files for user-defined settings and start from scratch.

Thanks for advice! I deleted data/columns.ini and data/usrfields.ini and now everything is in English. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2017 - 11:23