Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [X] Language problem
Pignick
post Mar 14 2017, 10:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23184
Mp3tag Version: 2.81a

When I updated Mp3Tag (portable) to latest version v2.81, installer changed the language to Finnish. Well, I'm in Finland, so that's correct, but I prefer English. Opened language options, changed to English and restarted Mp3Tag...but some of the UI is still in Finnish. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling (updated to latest beta v2.81a), but still the same problem. Bug?

Btw, I'm using Win7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit (English installation)

Attached Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ohrenkino
post Mar 16 2017, 07:15
Post #2

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11458
Mp3tag Version: 2.83e

ZITAT(Pignick @ Mar 14 2017, 10:09) *
When I updated Mp3Tag (portable) to latest version v2.81, installer changed the language to Finnish. Well, I'm in Finland, so that's correct, but I prefer English. Opened language options, changed to English and restarted Mp3Tag...but some of the UI is still in Finnish. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling (updated to latest beta v2.81a), but still the same problem. Bug?

Btw, I'm using Win7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit (English installation)

I think that the objects in the tag panel are user defined ones and their definition is saved in the mp3tag.ini.
So if you have once used the Finish version and created the objects then this definition is saved in a file that does not get overwritten with a new installation or changing the GUI language.
You would have to edit your tag panel settings: first delete the extra objects, then re-create them.

The same applies to the column headers: they are stored in the file columns.ini which does not get updated ... as you can have any quantity of user-defined columns with more or less any heading as column definition. Once you have defined your own columns, MP3tag cannot tell the difference between initially delivered columns definitions and user-defined ones. So it takes all the definitions as user-defined.

You would have to rename the column headers by yourself.
Or you delete all the files for user-defined settings and start from scratch.

This post has been edited by ohrenkino: Mar 16 2017, 07:18

--------------------
42 - wie war die Frage / what was the question / quelle était la question

+Quote Post
Pignick
post Mar 16 2017, 09:40
Post #3

Member No.: 23184
Mp3tag Version: 2.81a

QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Mar 16 2017, 08:15) *

Thanks for advice! I deleted data/columns.ini and data/usrfields.ini and now everything is in English. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Tudorminator
post Apr 11 2017, 10:57
Post #4

Member No.: 23289
Mp3tag Version: 2.81b

QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Mar 16 2017, 09:15) *
The same applies to the column headers: they are stored in the file columns.ini which does not get updated ... as you can have any quantity of user-defined columns with more or less any heading as column definition. Once you have defined your own columns, MP3tag cannot tell the difference between initially delivered columns definitions and user-defined ones. So it takes all the definitions as user-defined.

You would have to rename the column headers by yourself.

Hello.

I had the same problem and I have solved it by deleting columns.ini and usrfields.ini, but I really think this is a bug.

I have installed Mp3Tag on a new machine, with no previous version installed (so no user-defined columns or fields). My Windows regional settings are set to Romanian, the same as location and date/time settings (Windows 7 Professional 64bit), but everything else in Windows is displayed in English. The installer detected the regional settings and automatically installed using Romanian. I don't remember if I was offered a choice of installer language, but I believe I was not (I find this behaviour really annoying, by the way). Once installed, the first action I took after opening Mp3Tag was to change the interface language, at witch point the behaviour described by Pignick was observed.

So to sum up: if the installer decides that the program should be installed using Romanian translations without asking me, if the program then stores the Romanian translations for column headers and other fields as user-defined customisations and fails to restore the English language strings when asked so, I really think it's a bug (a couple of different bugs, actually).

Not trying to be an ass here. Thank you ohrenkino for the solution, and a thousand times Thank You Florian for a great piece of software.

Best regards,
(T)

+Quote Post
ohrenkino
post Apr 11 2017, 11:53
Post #5

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11458
Mp3tag Version: 2.83e

If you have a fresh installation of MP3tag
and
you change the language straight away and delete the files for columns and user-defined fields, then there is no harm done, no actually defined user-settings have to be deleted.

I cannot say anything about how the installation routine determines the language.

--------------------
42 - wie war die Frage / what was the question / quelle était la question

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2017 - 21:29