Issue after updating to v2.84d

Just updated from v2.84c to v2.84d.

First thing I noticed is, this is the first time I have ever been prompted to reboot after an install of Mp3tag. Ran the update on a machine that had a few programs open, as well as another machine that had just been restarted with no programs open and it prompted for a reboot in both cases. Slightly inconvenient, but not a big deal, just curious about it.

Second, I have always had "Display cover art" checked under Tag Panel options and have it on the right side of the panel. After the update, it is completely gone and I can't seem to get it back no matter what I've tried (unchecking then rechecking that option, etc.).

Please let me know if you need any further info. Thank you!

That's great — I'm really relying on feedback on the Development Builds to make the stable releases are as good as possible. Thanks for that!

It's because the Explorer Shell extension was updated to also work on *.MKA and *.MKV (Matroska). If the shell extension is already loaded by the Windows Shell, it's updated after rebooting Windows.

Can you check again that it's enabled at "Options > Tag Panel > Display Cover art"? If it is, can you post a screenshot?

Kind regards
– Florian

Hi Florian - thanks for getting back to me so quickly. My mistake - after looking more closely, I realize that the cover art object is in fact still there. The issue is that all the fields have gotten much larger in size - both the default and my custom fields - which has now caused a scroll bar to appear in the panel and pushed the cover art object all the way to the right. Links to screenshots with 2.84c and 2.84d below (don't mind my custom "Total Discs" field - that was my workaround for displaying leading zeros in m4a files I mentioned a while back) :wink:

Please let me know if you need anything else.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkqvt5iz7uji5ub/2.84c.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrwre8vwhtx6afd/2.84d.png?dl=0

Thanks for the screenshots — that looked totally wrong :slight_smile:

I've experimented with Tag Panel positioning a few days ago and it seems, that I've not reverted all changes and one tiny change was committed to version control.

I've just released Mp3tag v2.84e Development Build, which should fix the issue.

Thanks for letting me know!

Kind regards
– Florian

I no longer have this issue with v2.84e. Much appreciated!

Speaking of the Tag Panel, I'm not sure how many have it across the top as I do, but one thing I've always wanted to do is adjust the number of columns/rows and push the cover art all the way to the right to reduce the panel height and maximize the file list window below. I know people have asked about font size and there are solutions for that, but is there any way to do what I am suggesting?

Either way, thanks again!

I'm using V2.84a and have an issue with cover art in the Tag Panel. "Display Cover Art" is checked, but if there is no embedded cover art, the cover art in folder.jpg isn't displayed. I'm just experimenting with using folder.jpg, so I don't know if this worked in the past. The folder.jpg file is in the album folder with all of the track files for the album, so I think I have it in the correct place. Is this a new problem or has Mp3tag never searched for folder.jpg?

Gary

2.84e works fine and shows the first picture file it finds in a folder if there is no embedded one.

Where in the user interface does Mp3tag v2.84e show the picture of a file "folder.jpg", which is not embedded yet, but does only exist in the same folder as the loaded mp3 file?

For GaryG45 ... see dialog "Mp3tag Options/Tags/"
Set the checkmark as you like it:
eng: Don't display first image from file directory as cover art
ger: Bilder aus Verzeichnis nicht als Album-Cover anzeigen

DD.20171020.1115.CEST

Thanks ohrenkino and DetlevD. Once Options>Tag "Don't display first image..." was unchecked the cover displayed.

I was unable to test v2.84e because my security software prevented the download. No problem v2.84a is working fine for me.

Gary