Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pasting Lyrics into the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag, gets cut of when there is a Pipe Symbol somehere in the text
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Bug Reports
Mike_nl
Hi,

When pasting Lyrics into the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag, it gets cut of.

The Lyrics what I try to paste are:

blah blah blah
blah blah blah|
Oh, yeah

What happens after a save is that only the following remains:

eng||
Oh, yeah

And the reason being that before "Oh, Yeah", there is a Pipe Symbol

Is this a bug or ?

Thanks
Mike
ohrenkino
QUOTE (Mike_nl @ Feb 20 2011, 15:46) *
Is this a bug or ?

This depends on the perspective.
the conventions for the lyrics require a language indicator as first entry, separated by TWO pipe letters.
MP3tag automatically inserts "eng||" if you have forgotten an entry as otherwise you won't see any lyrics in any player.
So, coming back to your case, I must say that you did not follow the conventions for lyrics as you omitted the second pipe letter. So in a way your entry was illegal.
It is now a more philosophical discussion what ranks higher: the required syntax or the data input by the user.

It would be nice, if you could check your data again and insert a "eng||" first and then the lyrics with that single pipe and the way MP3tag behaves then.
Mike_nl
QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Feb 21 2011, 02:30) *
It would be nice, if you could check your data again and insert a "eng||" first and then the lyrics with that single pipe and the way MP3tag behaves then.

Hi,

if I insert,

eng||blah blah blah
blah blah blah|
Oh, yeah

and hit save,

what stays is
eng||blah blah blah
blah blah blah

so the text after the last pipe symbol gets cut off

Mike
DetlevD
Another example:
Write ...
eng||1|2|3|
4|5|
6|7|
#

... save and review ...
eng||1

And even more ...
Write ...
eng|descriptordescriptordescriptordescriptordescriptordescriptor12345|text text text text
... and it will be accepted although the length of the descriptor is greater than max. 64 characters.

DD.20110221.0410.CET
Oblio
Just came across this behaviour myself. Thought I should bump it as it doesn't have a response as yet. e.g. [C] or [X]

I am importing from a text file with Text File->Tag. The preview shows the full lyric will be imported but everything after the first pipe is cut off.
ohrenkino
QUOTE (Oblio @ Feb 23 2017, 07:31) *
Just came across this behaviour myself. Thought I should bump it as it doesn't have a response as yet. e.g. [C] or [X]

I am importing from a text file with Text File->Tag. The preview shows the full lyric will be imported but everything after the first pipe is cut off.

I think the behaviour has been described thoroughly enough.
I still wonder what the effect of a pipe symbol in an ordinary text should be. How do you sing or say a pipe symbol?
Perhaps the original idea was: let us look for a character that is not used in ordinary speech and use that for the metadata.
So I would assume that the pipe symbol has been added (or left out) deliberately which is a violation of the syntax rules.
Oblio
I'm going to bump this one again, as I believe it is a bug.

Why can't the lyrics contain | characters? The docs don't say anything about lyrics having restricted characters.

CODE
UNSYNCEDLYRICS

Syntax: xxx||Lyrics
Note: xxx = Language of the lyrics, abbreviated by 3 characters according to ISO-639-2.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.