Album art

Is there a way to add album art to an entire album or do you have to add art to each song individually?

You can either use "Select All Files" from the Edit Menu, Use CTRL A or chose the Icon from the Menu Bar once that is done simply right click on the picture / image box and you can add the image from the folder or paste from an alternate source. As well, you can use MP3Tag in conjunction with a tool called Album Art Downloader which will search the net for you as indicated here in this thread..I believe topic 12942 or you can search for the following simply copy and paste in the search box or Google it.

> Mp3Tag & Album Art Downloader Tutorial, pick up album art and include it into mp3 files

I wasn't brave enough to try select all the files so I selected all the files in two folders and clicked "add cover." That worked, but to be sure I tried it with all the files in three folders. This time I had many files with the artwork for the first folder rather than the correct folder. Hit and miss as to whether the correct artwork was attached. I'm now selecting all the files in one folder at a time and no problems.

I doubt that this is the correct method. Why should it work with 2 folders but not with 3?

The way with predictable results is:
select all the files,
make sure that each folder has the correct album art
Create an action of the type "Import cover from file"
Enter the filename format string - this could also be *.jpg which takes the first jpg file from each folder.
Start the action.

Thank you ohrenkino.

I've read several convoluted ways to add album art to multiple files. Yours is the first simple and clear explanation of how to do this quickly. As for why I got the wrong covers on some files when I selected files from multiple albums and used "Add cover," I have no idea. I had the correct artwork in each folder. I selected the files from a John Mayall album, a Danny Gatton album, and a Bluesbreakers album and then clicked on "Add cover." Several of the Gatton and Bluesbreakers songs had the Mayall cover.

Thanks again.

If you do so you get a explorer-selection-window to select 1 (one) cover-file. So how did you get the idea that after selecting one cover-file MP3Tag would magically select other cover-files in different folders that you did not select?

There are automatisms in MP3Tag to add cover-files to different files in different folders, but they do not work with "Add Cover". Instead you have to define an action of the type "Import Cover from file" as Ohrenkino decribed. To do this your cover-files need to have the same naming-system and you have to tell Mp3Tag this naming system in the format-string of the action.

Zitat: First of all I got that idea from another forum post. It sounded far-fetched to me which is why I only tried a few folders at a time. In the past it has apparently worked for another user. Just so you know; SOME of the songs in the other folders did have the correct image. I don't know why and I don't care why.

I thanked ohrenkino for his correct and clear explanation which should have been the end of it. However I will also thank you for your snide comment.

Yes, the result corresponds exactly to your approach.
If you select files from different artists and you give the command to Mp3tag, within the dialog "Extended Tags" view, to add the same cover image to all the selected files, then Mp3tag will do this job just like you ordered it.

DD.20170507.1744.CEST

Hello my friend... I have a similar question... I have the same file in different folders, is there a way to add Cover Art to those files at the same time?

Thanks in Advance...

It is not quite clear to me what you have:
a single cover file in one folder but several audio files spread over a number of folders?
a cover file per folder with audio file but with a variable name?
a cover file always with the same name and in the same folder as the audio file?
Is this similar to this problem?

a single cover file in one folder but several audio files spread over a number of folders

A Single Cover File on one Folder (jpg)

The same File (mp3) on Multiple Folders

Can I apply Cover Art to each File (mp3) at the same time?

Thanks!

Select all the files that should get the same cover,
right-click on the cover space in the tag panel and select
"Add cover ..."
Navigate to the cover folder and select the file.

Or drag&drop the cover from the explorer to the tag panel cover area.
You can also create an action where you set an absolute path and name as format string.

Thank you... How do I select all the files that should get the same cover

Filter for them?
Click on them with the well-known mouse techniques with shift and ctrl?

Thank you... *How do I select the files that are in different folders that should get the same cover

Select all the folders in Windows Explorer and drag and drop them into MP3tag.
Then, in MP3tag, select all the files that should get the same cover.

I don't want to select all folder that's to many file...

Can I use a Filter like this

%_filename% MATCHES "4A - 117 - Funky Chocolate - Deep Moods (Original Mix)_pn"

I think we can cut this short: you know now the various ways to get files into MP3tag.
As I said: of course, you can use a filter. Whether this is best way, I don't know.
I never said that you should load all files only all the files that should get the same cover.
As this is all very local, I doubt that a further discussion is really of interest for the rest of the world.
If you have problems with certain functions like filtering, or drag&drop of files into MP3tag, then please, open a dedicated new thread.

How many is too many? I often open my main Music folder with 24k+ songs. Apply a filter to find just the ones that need this edit. Then Ctrl-A (or click the select all toolbar button if you prefer) and proceed with the artwork selection. This is the same for any other action that you want to apply to multiple files.

Thanks Guys... I figured out another way... I have power App called Search Everything... I search for my MP3's, then drag and drop on MP3Tag, then Apply the Cover Art...

Thanks for your Help and Stay Safe!